Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Bas Rutten’s MMA workout

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jdie2033

Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Justin, I’m new here…and well…new to fitness. I’m a 25 year old out of shape guy weighing in at 240lbs. Recently I have decided to lose weight to better myself so I can get rid of my health problems (High Blood Pressure, bad Cholesterol, and sleep spnea) and to live a long healthy life with my girlfriend and family (when it comes time).

At this time, I will be using a swissball with bodyweight, and I have also ordered Bas Rutten’s MMA workout. I would like to use the Rutten system for a cardio workout.

Now my questions are….Has anyone used Rutten’s workout to lose weight and to get into shape?

Also, what would be the best way to use the CD’s? Would starting out with 3-2minute rounds on the boxing CD be the way to start, and perhaps each time I do the workout, increase it a round or 2?

I’m sorry to intrude on your forums about this, but I was sent here by Oneness through an email, and there are no other forums that I can find where most of the users have used this system.

I hope to hear back from everyone soon, and to also share my story of losing weight, and getting into shape with everyone! I’m thinking about starting a Public Journal somewhere so that way anyone can follow my progress and what I’m doing and eating.

Thanks very much folks!

mara-jade

Re: Bas Rutten’s MMA workout

Welcome Justin!

Oneness is a member here, so you’re NOT intruding at all. It may not hurt to get checked out to see how you should proceed in your quest to get back in shape. We can give you suggestions but we’re NOT doctors:D:

I did a few searches for you. I don’t use Bas’ stuff very much but I hope this helps. I’m sure the other guys and gals will chime in

You may also wanna consider kettlebells when you’re ready. Those babies rock! Here’s some example exercises.
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com…exercises.html

Best wishes on getting yourself back on the right track.:wav:

kvmorl

Regarding BAS CD I would suggest starting with boxing CD, try to achieve 100% power through the whole workout. Then move onto 28min workout, which is tough and will take time to master.

jdie2033

Thank you very much for the input mara_jade and kvmorl!

Hopfully I have a good plan put together. I’m going to start looking for a place where I can keep a public journal so anyone of you can follow my progress if you want!

Thanks again!

kylestyle913

i have been doing the boxing tapes for 2 weeks and still miss a couple of combos per round. but I can tell my cardio is getting much better. Hang in there with the tapes.

nate

kvmorl’s got a good suggestion starting with the boxing cd, 2 minute rounds.

One of the instructors on the board also made the recommendation if you’re just beginning the Bas cds, to start with the Thai Boxing cd and just skip the kicks / knees at the end of each combo (which is a little easier than the Boxing cd on its own), then after you’re up to speed on that, move up to the Boxing cd, and then the Thai Boxing with knees / kicks, etc.

Even the Boxing cd can be tough at first and you might miss combos – the cds are tough; that’s why so many guys use ’em.

swimwithme98

Do you need punching bags or can you just do it without bags and still get a good enough workout? Is there a website I can go visit if I decide to make a purchase?

Thanks =)

nate

If you don’t have bags or a partner with thai pads available for the Bas cds, even just doing the combos in the air will be a good workout. You’ll get as much out of the workout as you put into it.

Some guys suggest picking a target on the wall, hanging a paper plate from a string, or facing a mirror when doing the workout too (if you don’t have a bag / thai pads to target).

You can order it off Bas’ site or off almost any mma gear website.

jdie2033

I got my set in the mail yesturday! I have come up with a way to implement it into my daily workouts, but my question is….

What is the best way to begin? I think I will use the Thai CD so I have a little more time, but what do you recommend I do for rounds? Do you think I should start out with 5 2 minute rounds and increase that 1 or 2 rounds every other couple of workouts?

I do know that on Mondays, I will be doing my 45 min. Fullbody workout circuit style. I will complete 4 excercises, and then do 1 3 minute round on the thai boxing CD, then repeat untill my workout is complete.

Thanks again everyone!

waleeedijaz

Also, what would be the best way to use the CD’s? Would starting out with 3-2minute rounds on the boxing CD be the way to start, and perhaps each time I do the workout, increase it a round or 2?

I’m sorry to intrude on your forums about this, but I was sent here by Oneness through an email, and there are no other forums that I can find where most of the users have used this system.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote waleeedijaz:

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The best way to start is not on a bag its in a mirror. That way you can watch your form and make sure as Bas makes the calls you don’t get sloppy trying to catch up. Don’t be afraid to miss something he said be patient you’ll get faster as you get used to it. Flailing around in the beginning is ok but good technique is just as important.

Also I’d start on the Thai boxing CD just don’t do the kicks. The reason is theres more time between the number calls because your not doing the kicks so that will allow for easier acclimation.

Once you feel like you got it, then you can do the boxing CD or really which ever one you want depending on your cardio.

quote :

No trouble at all, Oneness is one of my favorite people I’ve ever trained with. Come back as often as you like, its what the forums for!

hashgunner
    quote CJs Dad:

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The best way to start is not on a bag its in a mirror. That way you can watch your form and make sure as Bas makes the calls you don’t get sloppy trying to catch up. Don’t be afraid to miss something he said be patient you’ll get faster as you get used to it. Flailing around in the beginning is ok but good technique is just as important.

Also I’d start on the Thai boxing CD just don’t do the kicks. The reason is theres more time between the number calls because your not doing the kicks so that will allow for easier acclimation.

Once you feel like you got it, then you can do the boxing CD or really which ever one you want depending on your cardio.

Wow! Thank you very much for this. I’ll be keeping these tips in mind. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: