Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Is Boxing Dead?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Theres a reason why they call him “Money” Mayweather. The most expensive purse in history, PPV money records were broken, yet I was bored.

To say the fight was lackluster is an understatement, and still the fighters pocketed unbelievable millions.

The biggest stars in MMA make a few million on a good day usually in the hundreds of thousands, while leaving every ounce of their souls in that cage, putting on amazing and entertaining performances. Is this the best boxing can do? If so I don’t see the sport I once loved remaining relevant in my lifetime.

We the fans are so desperate to see the passion that once was, I’m afraid its gone from the sport.

Bring on MMA, this last boxing fight just proves we will pay for it.

don

Re: Is Boxing Dead?

WORD!

12 rounds of medium sparring with a few heavier flurries/shots mixed in. I expected more from both fighters. Definitely not worth the money and I shake my head at all the people who paid to watch it in person – must be nice to have that kind of disposable income. An undercard fight at a local MMA tourney would probably have been more entertaining – shoot, watching me get knocked around/out would have been more entertaining…

kmky

A smaller ring would probably help so there is less room to run.

^phone booth match.

cearball

What most MMA watchers find most interesting if they don’t understand grappling.
    This should definitely revive boxing.

http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=179348

After Pacquiao and Mayweather’s fight, I think boxing is dead. there is no passion anymmore, it’s all about money.

MMA is the best

What most MMA watchers find most interesting if they don’t understand grappling.

curtisdawson

Boxing needs to be more competitive. When Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns and Marvin Hagler were boxing, the fights were equally matched.

Boxing as a sport is dead, now boxing as an income generating entertainment scheme is pretty much alive. LoL

curtisdawson

Boxing is the official lubricant of the pay per view economy. :):

hashgunner
    quote CurtisDawson:

Boxing needs to be more competitive. When Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns and Marvin Hagler were boxing, the fights were equally matched.

I totally agree with this. Those were the days.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: