Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics A 3rd party perspective on you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

What do OTHER people say about how you train?

I know what I think about how I train/do technique but I always find it interesting when I hear other people describe me training.

Over the weekend I was demoing with my friend Kevin, afterwards a guy came up and was talking to us he said Kev was technical and precise, then he looked at me shaking his head and said I was brutal and intense.I guess I don’t look at myself that way, but I found it interesting someone else might see it like that.

So, all jokes aside how do you think other people see you? Or better yet what have you heard them say about your training.

lennykravist

Re: A 3rd party perspective on you.

Damn, I have no idea. I’d have to ask my classmates and instructors on how they see me. Interesting thought, can’t believe I never considered this until your post!

magpie

I have no clue how others view me. I think I look like a spastic monkey.

pinkgloves

I just moved and had to start training at another school. Most of the students have been training under a year. They tell me I’m too aggressive, but the instructor says my Krav is too technical and pretty. 🙁

magpie

I think they’re just jealous of you, PG.

BTW, is your new school a KMW school? If not, did you resume training at your current level?

tzrider

quote PinkGloves:

I just moved and had to start training at another school. Most of the students have been training under a year. They tell me I’m too aggressive, but the instructor says my Krav is too technical and pretty. 🙁

Interesting. I recently traveled to another region for work and went to train at a Krav center I’d been curious about for some time. I brought a friend, who doesn’t train in Krav, to try it out and partnered with him for the evening. Nobody commented one way or the other, but I found that the level of intensity was lower than what I’m accustomed to. Once we got to a stress drill towards the end of the class, we interacted with other students and they appeared intimidated.

I suspect it was a case of relative experience level and just the nature of the clientele this school had. To some extent, a school will adapt to meet their students where they are.

I normally train at a KMW affiliate that has several schools in our geographic area. We train at different locations in this network from time to time and it seems that my school has a reputation for producing the most aggressive Kravists. It’s probably mostly a function of experience level, as there are three of us that have trained in Krav the longest of anyone in the network.

pinkgloves

quote Magpie:

I think they’re just jealous of you, PG.

BTW, is your new school a KMW school? If not, did you resume training at your current level?

I don’t think it’s jealousy. Everyone is really nice and interested in how we trained at my old school.

The school is not a KMW school. It’s technically a KMA affiliate. However, the instructor doesn’t follow the curriculum. He has his own spin on everything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: