Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything of Alain Cohen? I’ve started to see his name a bit and know nothing of him…..:dunno:

Re: Alain Cohen?

I suppose I should have added, he apparently operates a business known as Krav Security out of France? I think…..

rick-prado

I have seen his videos, if we are talking about the same guy, his are some of the best vids I have seen.

rick-prado

Here is his best one. He’s pretty friggin’ agile for a guy his size. He looks like he’s at least 200 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0TMY-4yzw&feature=related

quote Plantman:

Here is his best one. He’s pretty friggin’ agile for a guy his size. He looks like he’s at least 200 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0TMY-4yzw&feature=related

I have seen a few of his videos. I did finally make it to his homepage – sorry, I did not save the address…. I’ll try to relocate it. ANyway, he has some pretty impressive looking exerpts (sp?) from his video series there as well. Although, some of it does look REALLY staged. To the point, that it just does not flow or even simulate retzev very well at all. It’s hard to say, and I wanna’ give ‘im a fair shake and say that maybe it’s becuase he did not have many experienced persons to work with or they were just being hyper-careful :confused: ?

Also, you’re right, he moves pretty well for his build. I was thinking about 225 or so….

Thanks for chiming in though. I will get the link up here when I find his address again. I think I Googled his business name; something like Krav Security and he calls his personal version Israeli Defense System (IDS) if I remember correctly.

rick-prado

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

I have seen a few of his videos. I did finally make it to his homepage – sorry, I did not save the address…. I’ll try to relocate it. ANyway, he has some pretty impressive looking exerpts (sp?) from his video series there as well. Although, some of it does look REALLY staged. To the point, that it just does not flow or even simulate retzev very well at all. It’s hard to say, and I wanna’ give ‘im a fair shake and say that maybe it’s becuase he did not have many experienced persons to work with or they were just being hyper-careful :confused: ?

Also, you’re right, he moves pretty well for his build. I was thinking about 225 or so….

Thanks for chiming in though. I will get the link up here when I find his address again. I think I Googled his business name; something like Krav Security and he calls his personal version Israeli Defense System (IDS) if I remember correctly.

It should looked staged, it is. I wish I could understand what he is saying though. It seems like he takes a great bit of time explaning, which can only help.

macronet

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything of Alain Cohen? I’ve started to see his name a bit and know nothing of him…..:dunno:

Alain Cohen is a 9th Dan Krav Maga Grandmaster and a founder of Krav Maga Federation. If you would like to meet him he will be teaching a Krav Maga Level 1 Instructor Course in Mickleton, New Jersey March 4 – March 7, 2012. He will also teach a Civilian Self-Defense Course and a Police & Law Enforcement Course. More information available at KravMagaFederationOfAmerica.com

joseph-kor

quote macronet:

Alain Cohen is a 9th Dan Krav Maga Grandmaster and a founder of Krav Maga Federation. If you would like to meet him he will be teaching a Krav Maga Level 1 Instructor Course in Mickleton, New Jersey March 4 – March 7, 2012. He will also teach a Civilian Self-Defense Course and a Police & Law Enforcement Course. More information available at KravMagaFederationOfAmerica.com

9th dan? are you positive about that?

afaik only two people have recieved directly from imi the rank of 8th Dan and he is not one of those.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote macronet:

Alain Cohen is a 9th Dan Krav Maga Grandmaster and a founder of Krav Maga Federation.

:dunno:

catapult

Errr…..

quote :

BECOME AN OFFICIAL ISRAELI KRAV MAGA INSTRUCTOR

10 DVDS PACK THE WHOLE ISRAELI PROGRAM UNTIL BLACK BELT DAN 5TH

+ 1 KRAV MAGA BOOK, 191 COLOR PAGES

+ 1 KM T-SHIRT

+ 1 KM CAP

+ 1KM STICKERS

+ 1 KRAV MAGA TAG/EMBRIODERED SEW ON PATCH

+ INSTRCUTOR CERTIFICATE FEES

If you would like to become an authorized Israeli Krav Maga Instructor you have the choice of 1 of 3 different methods in which you can achieve this highly recognised position:

Certification Method 1:

Warning : this method is exculsively for students, who can really not access to a close krav maga center in their country or can really not come to Israel, of course that this method will not be as efficient as a real krav maga course under one of our instructors.

• You can purchase our Instructor DVD Pack which contains all 10 DVD’s that will take you from Yellow belt all the way through to Black belt 5th Dan. This information packed set is available through on line purchase at http://www.krav-maga-store.com
    • With a partner you make a demonstration tape or movie of the various techniques required, and either send it to us at Krav-Security head office, or post it on You Tube. The exam explaining what techniques are required is shown on DVD number 10 of the Instructor pack.
    • Upon review and assessment of your movie, and if all techniques are performed to the required standard, your Krav Maga Instructor certificate will be sent to you without delay.

http://www.krav-maga-store.com/shop/instructor-pack/instructor-pack

bear34

quote macronet:

Who awarded him his 9th Dan? I thought Krav Maga Federation was the Haim Zut organization. Not discounting his talent, but please…….Grandmaster? I think I will proclaim myself Exhaulted Champion of Mankind.

rickprado

I read somewhere that he trained with Haim Gidon and that the title GM was given to him by his students. ?????? That makes no sense, but the whole getting an instructor certification by internet or youtube seems completely absurd.

:combat:

He answers a few questions here:

http://whatiskravmaga.webs.com/apps/profile/44984168/

kevinmack

The funny thing is he is a legit 1st or 2nd degree black belt in KM with great skills. I understand there is a lot of bull**** in the KM world and that limits advancement into higher ranks. So I am at the point that I would understand if he promoted himself to say 4th and heck maybe 5th degree black belt as the end of his organization but to go to 9th dan when the fe people in the world who are ranked above 8th have been training for over 30 years and to use the title of Grandmaster says a lot about a person.
    Its also lame to use the name Krav Maga federation when it sounds very close to IKMF(international krav maga federation) which is known world wide…its like calling you new beverage company Cola Coka. Not to mention that Rhon Mizrahi has used the name KMF in the United States for years now and it is also related to Haim Zuts group in Israel.

max71

I’ve been practicing his KM…easy to learn and “straight to the point”…

max71

What about Jacques Levinet and his Self Pro Krav? Any opinion?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: