Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    revobuzz

Re: Alain Cohen?

I don’t know the guy, but would be cautious about anyone who will issue an instructers qualification via distance learning.

kevinmack

A little follow up just cause I think its funny and in my neck of the woods. Earlier this year Alain Cohen did an instructors course in New Jersey hosted by a guy who was a yellow belt under David Kahn. After the two day seminar this kid was awarded his black belt in Krav Maga by Cohen and everyone who took the course got blue belts.
    I think its great to have another qualified Krav Maga black belt in the area.

;):

lennykravitz

quote KevinMack:

A little follow up just cause I think its funny and in my neck of the woods. Earlier this year Alain Cohen did an instructors course in New Jersey hosted by a guy who was a yellow belt under David Kahn. After the two day seminar this kid was awarded his black belt in Krav Maga by Cohen and everyone who took the course got blue belts.

;):

Can we expect this kid to release Really, Really advanced Krav Maga 6 DVD set anytime soon? Hehe

I’m sure David is mortified.

paul

but with the video series, you get a hat and t shirt!

rickprado

quote KevinMack:

;):

Yet another reason why I do not put much emphasis on belts. Totally absurd.

How does that conversation go?

I”ll host your intstructor course at my gym, you make the cash and I get a black belt?

Ridiculous:tantrum:

I really think that is the conversation….. It seems like it’s usually people that go a certain distance under the widely accepted Organizations then realize that most lay-people don’t recognize the difference between an earned Black Belt and a gifted Black Belt, so they go the easy route.

Personally, I believe that if you didn’t test and succeed in front of a group of peers, you’re a film-flamming piece of **** who doesn’t deserve one iota of the respect attached to a Krav Maga Black Belt. I understand the business side, Hell, I run a business. I still need to be able to look at myself in the mirror every morning.

mara-jade

quote KevinMack:

;):

WHOA…:razz::OhMy:

catapult

quote macronet:

Alain Cohen is a 9th Dan Krav Maga Grandmaster and a founder of Krav Maga Federation. If you would like to meet him he will be teaching a Krav Maga Level 1 Instructor Course in Mickleton, New Jersey March 4 – March 7, 2012. He will also teach a Civilian Self-Defense Course and a Police & Law Enforcement Course. More information available at KravMagaFederationOfAmerica.com
    quote KevinMack:

;):

Is it safe to assume that macronet is our yellow belt turned black belt / level 2 instructor / national director as shown on this page and all the new blue belts are the others listed there? ;): Too funny in a way but it’s sad for any noob looking for a legit school. :confused:

http://kravmagafederationofamerica.com/instructors/

johnsonmaga

looking at the list on that link: i recognize most of them:

the yellow belt was the 3rd guy: Greg Dziewonski

Alex Saia got the Krav black belt, and the rest of them got blue.

as for the school itself: they teach Karate and Kenpo and CrossPit
    i had been to a few belt tests watching my friends tests and my child’s test, and they don’t leave without bruises and full contact sparring and demos. no board breaking stuff.

I didn’t personally meet the Cohen guy, but i did see him. he was unfriendly and had a beer belly like Larry the Cable Guy. I wasn’t impressed.

I don’t know anything about Krav, but i do know the teachers there, they really do care, and have good MA backgrounds.

kmman

So the yellow belt didnt get the black belt?

Does that change the perception now?

kevinmack

Alex Saia was a David Kahn yellow belt less than two years ago. Not sure if he got orange from him before he was promoted to black belt.
    Doesnt matter either way since the issue is getting a black belt from someone you never trained with before after a weekend seminar….or a brown or blue belt,etc,etc.

kmman

These seminars are generally easier physically than exams. Maybe I ought to just attend seminars for grading each level 🙂

kravman

I want to make sure you guys are not linking Alain Cohen to David Kahn. David Kahn would not and will not promote someone from a yellow belt to a black belt in a seminar!! Kahns teaching is very strict and you are not going to be given a black belt, you will have to earn it. I have talked to him several times via emails and phone because I want to learn Krav Maga under him. He is the US Chief instructor for Isreal Krav Maga Assocuation Gidon System. Under Grandmaster Haim Gidon. Haim Gidon is the real deal he was Imi’s chosen sucessor and earned his 8th Dan by Imi himself. Look it up on YouTube. There are a lot of fakes and phony teachers of Krav Maga out there. I urge you all to do your research before you chose a path, if you are going to bet your life on a knife or gun disarm you better know that what you learned was 100% true teaching, and not a watered down version someone came up with. I don’t care what style you want ale if they claim come to our 3 day seminar and you can become an instructor I would stay clear!! I want to learn from the true Krav Maga practitioners who travel to the source and regularly train with them. Like I said just do your homework. I personally chose Israel Krav Maga Association Gidon System because I have seen the proof and the dedication GM Gidon gives to the organization. And David Kahn is an awesome and highly skilled teacher of Krav Maga.

macronet

Just to share some facts with those of you who have no idea what they are talking about, but can’t help to comment anyway. Alain Cohen trained under and was promoted to Dan 5 by Raphy Elgrissy – one of Imi’s first students and Instructors. You can go to Raphy’s website to verify: http://originalkravmaga.com/raphy%20elgrissy.html.
    I suggest to attend one of Master Cohen’s rigoristic courses and than comment, if you dare.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote macronet:

Just to share some facts with those of you who have no idea what they are talking about, but can’t help to comment anyway. Alain Cohen trained under and was promoted to Dan 5 by Raphy Elgrissy – one of Imi’s first students and Instructors. You can go to Raphy’s website to verify: http://originalkravmaga.com/raphy%20elgrissy.html.
    I suggest to attend one of Master Cohen’s rigoristic courses and than comment, if you dare.

I’d be glad to attend one of his rigorist seminars I’m just not looking for a promotion at the moment. But hey at some point I may get out of shape and lose half my perishable skills knowledge do to Alzheimer’s so who knows I may want a 10th dan by then. I’ll keep it in mind, Thx thumbsup

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: