Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jerry55

Re: Alain Cohen?

I think I Googled his business name; something like Krav Security and he calls his personal version Israeli Defense System (IDS) if I remember correctly.

capivara23

Re: Alain Cohen?

Greetings,

I am a certified KMF instructor black belt and military trainer based in Seoul, South Korea (for now). Originally I am from the U.S.

I have been affiliated with both KMW, KMI as well as KMG in the past and have worked with Eyal, Darren and other masters in the past extensively.
    Honestly I must say Master Alain Cohen is well deserved of his titles and I have found his training superb over the years I have worked under him and his federation. He’s a tough trainer, and straight forward in his approach and techniques. As a Krav Maga enthusiast, practitioner and instructor I am must be
    clear that am keeping non-biased even though I am currently under KMF.

He is very strict with in his selection of instructors and expects much from his students. As with any group or federation you go to, you will find subtle and often no so subtle differences in techniques. I can tell you that his techniques are highly refined and are not staged as I have been a part of this filming process and also have filmed him in the process of teaching (check out his Korea video…I was the only non Korean guy there and was filming the majority of it). This was taken during our teacher training seminar. Yes, his online instruction video’s are “staged” but as with any instruction/demonstration video, it is supposed to highlight techniques and applications.

And yes, he is a huge guy, and I am quite amazed at his ability to leap over stuff.

I highly recommend to try a class or seminar out with him and make your decision from there. I think as a practitioner, you can only make your own decisions as far as finding the correct instructor. For me, I find Alain Cohen to be excellent in his technique and instruction. I have learned a vast amount of effective curriculum from him.

-Gideon Roth

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: