Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    guitarded-1

I think that I know the answer to the question. Nevertheless, I’m starting to find it amusing at how much my intensity in class tends to really take people by surprise. Mind you…I always keep form firmly in mind. Point being, I train loud and hard. Particularly when doing scenario based drills, I do everything I can to reach down and flip on the “kill” switch each and every time.

Last class, we did the drill where half the class stands there with their eyes closed, and the other half of the class roams the room and randomly attacks with a choke. Every time I was attacked and responded accordingly, every single one of my attackers looked as if they had just seen a ghost. One guy even said, “Whoa…you’re not f’ing around?”.

So as long as I’m being respectful of other students and I’m really focusing on proper form, I’m not being too obnoxious am I? I’m trying to make sure that every physical response I learn is always paired with a mental response (the “kill” switch). I guess there’s no such thing as taking Krav too seriously, right?

udjat

Re: Am I too intense?

Come train with me anytime! And no, from my schools point of view you are right on the money.

There may be some people that shy away, you can: leave them be or encourage them to step it up a notch!

and I feel sorry for the poor bastard mugger that tries to hurt you and yours one day. Keep it up.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m crackin up!
    La Rev (Christian) once commented that I “have a passion for violence and do techniques with malicious intent” and more then one fitness instructor has commented that I scare people in bag class. So I hear what you’re saying.

As long as your respectful have control and practice safety in training I think your fine.

Train Hard – Go Home Safe!

jburtonpdx

I have on occasion stated “If your partner screams out in pain or complains that you are going to hard, you are doing it right good job”

We need to keep our training partners around so we try to not injure them, however we go hard.

don

IMO, you should also take into consideration the experience/ability levels of your training partners (which is different than just respecting them) – not every scenario requires and/or not every student may be ready for 100-110%…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: