Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Another mouthguard post

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello again,

I would like to obtain a mouthpiece that has insurance just in case I get my teeth knocked out.

I have a few other requirements:

1) I would prefer it to also protect my bottom teeth. I lost part of my bottom tooth years ago in a fight so I don’t know why the emphasis is on the top teeth, but I am sure there is a good reason.

2) I would prefer to be able to talk with the mouthpiece in. We are required to correct each other in classes and pulling out the mouthpiece every 3 seconds is a real pain and seems a bit unhygenic to me.

3) I also need one that I can breath with when I am running. I am terrible at running or jogging and I get winded without a mouthpiece in. With a mouthpiece in, I completely run out of breath and have to stop. Breathing in though my nose is not enough.

4) This has to fit. My last mouthpiece (a Krav Maga one) didn’t fit at all. I tried the hot water and all that but it wouldn’t fit around my back teeth. I have an unusual mouth in that I am 34 years old and my wisdom teeth never came out. I ended up having to bite down on the mouthpiece extra hard during training which caused lots of stress on my gums. This caused my gums to bleed pretty badly.

Any takers?

Thank you for your time!

inky

Re: Another mouthguard post

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/double-stc-mouthguard.aspx
    I use a shock DR no matter what sport im active in.

As for the breathing… id possabley poke some holes in the front at the gaps of your teeth? Use the warm water and mold it to your mouth after cooling use a dremmel and puncture it and that should help.

As far as talking with it in…. I got nothing, good luck

You should be able to find a large or over sized product to fit, i still have my wisdom teeth and i know the first few mouth pieces i had never fit right, after finding this one i never have to look again.

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/gel-max-mouthguard.aspx

nosceteipsum

Shockdoctor makes really good mouthguards. I use a DNA or Nano gel something like that. Best mouthpiece I’ve ever had and I’ve used tons. I can even talk with it. The absolute best option is to get one custom made. Your dentist should be able to get this for you, but it’ll run you about $70 to $100. There are companies that will do this online for you as well. Just google custom mouthguard.

jaspthecat

+1 for Shock Doctor

I think they make a bottom and top guard now.

I have the ultra and I love it.

I’m not sure what they’re called, but several people I train with have had custom mouthguards done by either a Dentist or an Orthodontist. They seem slimmer than over the counter guards and talking through them seems to work a bit better. I imagine that they’re spendy, but hey, you only got one grill….My Shockdoctor has worked just fine for me though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: