Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Another newbie introduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tonfachick

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking about the forums for a couple of months trying to decide if I wanted to get involved with Krav. All of your posts convinced me to give it a whirl and I managed to get through my second class yesterday. Certainly worth the money even if it did let my 47 year old body know exactly how out of condition it is.

How long does it take an average person to get over the “oh no, better slow down before I get sick” stage? Any tips on fueling before class? Evidently a bowl of cereal 2 hrs before doesn’t cut it.

Thanks,
    TC

Re: Another newbie introduction

Welcome and congratulations on getting through your second class.

One of the recommendations I can make to you is you need Carbohydrates before you go to class and plenty of water.

Maybe half a Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread or even Peanut Butter is what I would recommend.

The Carbs plus the Protein will help to fuel your body for that grueling workout.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Also makes sure you get at least 8-12 glasses of water in per day.

giant-killer

You could put your water bottle in the freezer before coming to class, that’ll keep the water nice and cold. You’ll appreciate it after doing the drills!

quote Giant Killer:

You could put your water bottle in the freezer before coming to class, that’ll keep the water nice and cold. You’ll appreciate it after doing the drills!

Every time I do that, I leave it in too long and forget about it. Then I end up licking the ice for water 🙁 I know… I’m retarded.

J-

giant-killer

Actually better to have it all frozen, that way you don’t have to worry about choking on little chunks of ice while trying to gulp it down. In LA, it tends to melt fast.

mara-jade

Hi TC!:wav:

Congrats on deciding to take up KM! The end of the ‘don’t wanna barf stage’ is different for everyone. It took me and hubby a couple of weeks.

As for water, hubby and I have the most huge waterjugs with ice that we tend to go through during class. The newbies look at us funny when we have them. I look at the itty bitty bottles they have and giggle

Feel free to ask any question – we can all learn something herethumbsup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: