Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    kirk

Re: Any other gun nuts?

I’m just getting into guns… I can see that I’ll be becoming a nut! All I have is a Mossberg Shotgun. Going to a basic training course Thursday for hand guns. Then I plan to go shoot as many as I can to decided which I like best. Looking in the .40 cal range.

aviatordave

I do love ’em, especially HK. But I only have a starter set –

MP5-N
    G3K
    G3
    2x HK53 (one I haven’t built yet)
    HK93
    HK91 (destined to be a PSG-1 or an HK51)
    SR9TC

+Registered sear that fits into the above hosts

semi-auto UMP
    2x USC (soon to be UMPs as well)

2x P7M13
    P7M8
    P7

Mossberg Pump 12 ga
    Browning 16 ga auto
    Browning Autorifle (the little breakdown .22 rifles)
    a couple of .357 magnum revolvers

And somewhere, a lost Ruger P85.

Oh yeah, and I forgot, but they are legally firearms – I have 4 DPMS lowers, a POF .223 billet lower, and 2x POF .308 billet lowers. They have stocks and lower parts kits installed, but no triggers since I will eventually put Geissele triggers in all of them. Not an upper anywhere in sight yet. I bought them when they were still cheap (but they are getting cheap again).

The HK addiction started with an HK94. Next came the sear, then the 94 turned into the MP5.

The key is to always have enough that the wife doesn’t notice when a new one shows up from time to time. Until that fateful day when for some unknown reason she opens the closet in the back of your office and a pile of rifle cases falls out onto the floor because the safe is full. 🙂

russell

quote AviatorDave:

I do love ’em, especially HK. But I only have a starter set –

MP5-N
    G3K
    G3
    2x HK53 (one I haven’t built yet)
    HK93
    HK91 (destined to be a PSG-1 or an HK51)
    SR9TC

+Registered sear that fits into the above hosts

semi-auto UMP
    2x USC (soon to be UMPs as well)

2x P7M13
    P7M8
    P7

Mossberg Pump 12 ga
    Browning 16 ga auto
    Browning Autorifle (the little breakdown .22 rifles)
    a couple of .357 magnum revolvers

And somewhere, a lost Ruger P85.

Oh yeah, and I forgot, but they are legally firearms – I have 4 DPMS lowers, a POF .223 billet lower, and 2x POF .308 billet lowers. They have stocks and lower parts kits installed, but no triggers since I will eventually put Geissele triggers in all of them. Not an upper anywhere in sight yet. I bought them when they were still cheap (but they are getting cheap again).

The HK addiction started with an HK94. Next came the sear, then the 94 turned into the MP5.

The key is to always have enough that the wife doesn’t notice when a new one shows up from time to time. Until that fateful day when for some unknown reason she opens the closet in the back of your office and a pile of rifle cases falls out onto the floor because the safe is full. 🙂

is it possible to hate a person you’ve never metrofl2if you ever want to get rid of a p7m13 just let me know!!!thumbsup

aviatordave

quote russell:

is it possible to hate a person you’ve never metrofl2if you ever want to get rid of a p7m13 just let me know!!!thumbsup

Pfffft. Like I said, mine’s just a starter set. Here’s someone’s that I know in Fort Worth, TX. No, it’s not a museum. It’s his personal collection:

http://gallery.me.com/bofrench#100117

jesse

Unfortunately, only a kel-tec PF-9 and a 12 guage shottie atm.

russell

quote AviatorDave:

Pfffft. Like I said, mine’s just a starter set. Here’s someone’s that I know in Fort Worth, TX. No, it’s not a museum. It’s his personal collection:

how do you get a mp5/40,mp5/10 or a 416?:dunno: (unless he’s a class 3 dealer with a demo letter) they were post 86 mfg

he has one hell of a collection!!!!

he must have a LOT of connections at hk to get that kind of armory with that low of sn’s

russell

aviatordave

quote russell:

how do you get a mp5/40,mp5/10 or a 416?:dunno: (unless he’s a class 3 dealer with a demo letter) they were post 86 mfg

he has one hell of a collection!!!!

he must have a LOT of connections at hk to get that kind of armory with that low of sn’s

russell

MP5/40 and MP5/10 are made by grafting a cut up post 86 with an HK94 receiver. They can be bought by anyone with $10,500 right now, registered as an SBR. I know someone with about 6 of them for sale.

I think the 416 is just an upper mounted on a semi lower. The uppers are easy to get, you just mail off a check for $3500 and it will arrive at your front door. There are also a few people that have cut the mag well out of a demilled 416 lower and welded it to a cut up AR lower.

And no, it’s not connections, he’s just a collector. All it takes is money. Lots and lots of money. I helped him with one – he’s got a Mexican P7M13 (only P7s with a safety) that was one of two given to the President of Mexico. HK has one of them in Oberndorf, I found the other one in a private collection, but the guy wanted $9,500 for it. Bo bought it.

kirsten

quote AviatorDave:

This is what a wife does with her purses, shoes and coats. Likely she is too worried about you seeing all her new shoes or handbags in that same closet to notice your guns. 🙂

Anyone out there have one of those s & w model 500 revolvers? Those things look like they pack a heck of a punch!

kms1974

quote AviatorDave:

Sing it with me now…War!, hooh….good god yal…what is it good for? Absolutely nothing..

BTW
    I’ve got:
    1 M4gery
    1 ak
    3 glocks
    1 1911
    12 gauge
    20 guage

tomtrauma

My name’s Tom, and I’m a gunaholic.

I’ll have to go against the grain of the thread though – Had an XD (two actually, a sub and a tactical), but have transitioned to a Glock 19 as my primary handgun. Also have a 17, but the 19 is small enough to carry, big enough to shoot well. Saw an XD fail in class, a grip safety malfunction that left a live round in the chamber that could neither be fired nor cleared. The weapon had to be boxed up and sent back to springfield. Had a chance to take a Glock armorers course a short time later, and drank deeply of the Glock kool-aid.

I’ve been badly bitten, and deeply infected with the black rifle disease. Have a SLR-15 Grail AR, a SLR-15 Operator AR and a Cav Arms. After a few years of forcing myself to run iron sights through training, I broke down and bought an Aimpoint for the Grail. Love it. I’m glad I forced myself to master irons first, ’cause I can really see how a red dot sight could become a crutch.

I’ve been taking a few handgun or carbine courses each year for about six years now, and have started coaching level I classes. Now, instead of learning how to shoot, I’m learning how to teach. Entirely different skill set, and a really fun challenge. I’m also teaching first aid in the tactical environment, and learning as much as I teach in the process.

phlegmon27

.40 XDM
    12 ga pump

Looking for a .40 XD subcompact ’cause the XDM is a bit large to carry.

Kirk, you can come down a try it anytime.

quote tomtrauma:

My name’s Tom, and I’m a gunaholic.

I’ll have to go against the grain of the thread though – Had an XD (two actually, a sub and a tactical), but have transitioned to a Glock 19 as my primary handgun. Also have a 17, but the 19 is small enough to carry, big enough to shoot well. Saw an XD fail in class, a grip safety malfunction that left a live round in the chamber that could neither be fired nor cleared. The weapon had to be boxed up and sent back to springfield. Had a chance to take a Glock armorers course a short time later, and drank deeply of the Glock kool-aid.

I’ve been badly bitten, and deeply infected with the black rifle disease. Have a SLR-15 Grail AR, a SLR-15 Operator AR and a Cav Arms. After a few years of forcing myself to run iron sights through training, I broke down and bought an Aimpoint for the Grail. Love it. I’m glad I forced myself to master irons first, ’cause I can really see how a red dot sight could become a crutch.

I’ve been taking a few handgun or carbine courses each year for about six years now, and have started coaching level I classes. Now, instead of learning how to shoot, I’m learning how to teach. Entirely different skill set, and a really fun challenge. I’m also teaching first aid in the tactical environment, and learning as much as I teach in the process.

MMmmmm Glock Kool Aide is yummy! Those SLR guns are top notch kit, Sully makes a fine rifle.

tomtrauma

quote Jeremy Stafford:

MMmmmm Glock Kool Aide is yummy! Those SLR guns are top notch kit, Sully makes a fine rifle.

He does indeed, and his training is high quality too. I wasn’t going to get a grail until I shot one in a class. Gave him a deposit that day.

Next purchase is going to have to be a .22 conversion kit though. Ammo cost is killing me.

Gun nut,,,,ehh, maybe…… I really like’em alot!!

I have 1 or 10.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: