Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    alamocitykid

Re: Any other gun nuts?

I like subcompacts and prefer those with no external safeties (left handed, I am). I own glocks 26, 30, and 39(which I won at a Glock shoot), and a Ruger LCP. I did own a KelTec P380, but after sending it back to the factory twice, I never trusted that gun. I have never been a long gun shooter, but I recently purchased a Saiga 12, and added a 15 round mag, collapsable stock and pistol grip. I now have to learn the ins and outs of using a shotgun for home defense.

calove71

I’ve got:
    1 1911
    1 glock 30 (45 acp)
    1 mossberg 500 12 Ga
    1 FNAR 7.62

Chris

aviatordave

Now I’m a gun nut with an 07FFL, to be followed shortly thereafter by an 02SOT. Now I’m a professional gun nut. :woohoo:

inky

Wowzers! Aviator Dave… your my hero!

S&W 686 .357 combat magnum 3″ 7rnd (Daddy)
    Marlin Lever action .357
    Mossberg Cruiser 500 12″
    60’s Yugo SKS (200 yard plinker)
    70’s WASR 10/62 AK-47 (100 yard plinker)
    Ruger 10/22 (general plinker)
    Savage 110 .270 with Leopould optics
    Sig Sauer p229 .40 and swap out barrel/spring .357sig (Mommy)
    Taurus centennial 9mm (crap, bought it so my friend could pay rent)
    2x Ruger LCP .380 (da Baby’s… I carry one, my 72 year old mother carries the other)

oh yes and 1 Broad sword, 2 hand and a halfs, 1 Roman Spartin, 2 Kitana’s and more knives then any one man will ever need.

and to top it off a 400lbs custum lockbox bolted into the basement floor ;-P

kylestyle913

Just bought my first handgun……9mm taurus millenium pro. not the best but it is fun at the range and the built in safety system makes the old lady feel better(got a 5 year old @ home). Only complaint is that it was used and i still need to fidget with the sights.

russell

quote kylestyle913:

Just bought my first handgun……9mm taurus millenium pro. not the best but it is fun at the range and the built in safety system makes the old lady feel better(got a 5 year old @ home). Only complaint is that it was used and i still need to fidget with the sights.

a used taurus is better than a new one, you saved money and still have a lifetime waranty, sure it dosent have that “new gun smell” but imo i’d rather have the used one, i heard a story about some one who sent back a taurus revolver that was made in the 80’s(it had a cracked forcing cone) and they sent him a new revolver free of charge, now thats customer service!

as for the built in safety its nice but be careful you dont loose the key, its a universial key(all taurus keys are the same) but it’s still a bummer when you get to the range and you forgot(or lost) the key

i recomend the winchester evault http://www.winchestersafes.com/evault.html
    they are a great item for a great price we sell them from 99.99 to 149.99:dunno:(they have enough room for a pistol a spare mag a flashlight and a prepaid cellphone, its a great oh sh!t kit) the largest one has a second shelf for a second gun(for your wife)

it keeps the kids (and criminals) away while allowing you quick access

ive sold tons of these to people with kids (even to people with taurus and smiths with the built in locks)

phlegmon27

Just added a Springfield XD Subcompact .40 for concealed carry. Took it to the range, and I like it better than my XDM!

quote Jeremy Stafford:

I played with one, it is a sexy little beast. Here’s the deal though… It’s not a Colt, it does not meet the TDP and it has untested, non milspec technology.

+1 on that. Try searching ‘carrier tilt’ on some of the rifle forums and see what these piston ARs are doing to the inside of the receiver extensions. Ouch!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: