Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Anyone ever train in regular clothes?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Re: Anyone ever train in regular clothes?

At my KM club we train regularly in street clothes. Mostly outside in the park or outside the training hall at a parking lot with gravel, ouch!

lavernewelch
    Blocked

I mostly prefer street clothes rather than mall ones which are very costly. You can get 10 in the price of one.

kmyoshi

quote mikrosangel:

At Krav Maga Rochester. We are allowed to train in street cloths all the time. The only item we are not allowed to wear any shoes that we wear out on the street, because of the expensive mats on the floor. Better to know how you feel and perform in your everyday wear than in a gi.

Our “gi” is basically workout clothes. For me personally, I wear the fight shorts (with the slits so it doesn’t hinder your kicks). Glad you can train in regular clothes all the time!

fitness

I do. did in my work slacks with a tie and dress shoes. Also did in jeans and boots. it gets a bit hot and binding but in a circle of life you forget all about it.

tinkerbell

I’m a rank beginner, so I’ve got naive questions. I’ve noticed those nylon wind-pant type KM pants. They don’t have much give. Is there some advantage to wearing them?

I saw some shoes I thought were a good idea. They looked like regular running shoes without the massive foam sole. Turns out they are a kind of mat shoe such as wrestlers’ use. I always disliked the huge amount of foam in running shoes They did not give me a connected feel to the ground, or the mat and feel somewhat unstable due to the extra height. I need good arch support. Do mat shoes have any sort of arch support, typically? Are there any advantages or disadvantages of these types of mat shoes?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    quote Tinkerbell:

I’m a rank beginner, so I’ve got naive questions. I’ve noticed those nylon wind-pant type KM pants. They don’t have much give. Is there some advantage to wearing them?

I saw some shoes I thought were a good idea. They looked like regular running shoes without the massive foam sole. Turns out they are a kind of mat shoe such as wrestlers’ use. I always disliked the huge amount of foam in running shoes They did not give me a connected feel to the ground, or the mat and feel somewhat unstable due to the extra height. I need good arch support. Do mat shoes have any sort of arch support, typically? Are there any advantages or disadvantages of these types of mat shoes?

Pants: I cut all mine at the knees and made board shorts lol

Shoes: I like Nike Frees, lightweight and not too grippy on the mat. If the soles of the shoe have too much grip it makes it hard to pivot because they grab the mat and that can lead to knee/acl problems.

Hope that helped~

quote CJs Dad:

Pants: I cut all mine at the knees and made board shorts lol

Shoes: I like Nike Frees, lightweight and not too grippy on the mat. If the soles of the shoe have too much grip it makes it hard to pivot because they grab the mat and that can lead to knee/acl problems

Never thought about cutting out my pants but been using boyleg shorts since I started and they worked fine for me, too 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: