Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So I’m going to get right to it ….I’ve noticed that when practicing the bar arm sometimes when I pluck I’m able to escape right away and continue the counterstrikes but there are other times that I really have to fight for the release and if I don’t break the hold I sometimes resort to throwing uppercut kicks to the groin or groin strikes to help loosen the hole before I can counterstrike .

So bassically my question(s)

1. Is there anyway to break a stronger hold

2. Is there anything wrong with having to throw a couple of strikes to get the person to loosen up the hold so I can slip through and follow up with the counter attacks .

I figure that as long as I’m able to get out and fight back then that’s what matters it doesn’t have to look pretty but I a second opinion is always a good thing and I figured this place would be the right place to pose this question .

kevinmack

Re: Bar arm issues

The real key in this defense is the dropping of the inside shoulder when you pluck. This is what gives you the clearance you need to escape. Strikes are always ok if needed.

tzrider

quote KevinMack:

The real key in this defense is the dropping of the inside shoulder when you pluck. This is what gives you the clearance you need to escape.

Along with that, make sure your head is turned and chin tucked onto that lowered shoulder.

datta500

Thanks for sharing. good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: