Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    canuck

blackbeltbrian, would that be WMA in ontario? they do something like that.

kpalena

Re:

quote \”Black_Belt_Brian[b:

thats why the Krav Maga name is worthless now, a lack of standards.[/b]

then…why are you still here?

anonymous

Re:

quote \”kpalena\:

quote \”Black_Belt_Brian[b:

thats why the Krav Maga name is worthless now, a lack of standards.[/b]

then…why are you still here?

To try and right a wrong. To shed light on the greed and lack of integrity in some schools, so people like yourself will have a clue when you are getting screwed. I am guessing that this is the first \”Martial Art,\” you have taken, and the first school you’ve been to or you would understand what I am talking about. But like I said, it seem KMWW is just in it for the money now and allows schools to buy the Rights to their name and run them any way they seem fit, without following a standard curicculum. THAT, is why the name is worthless. Some people have said here KM is better organized or regulated then other MA’s, that is because they will Sue your ass if you use the words Krav Maga in the USA without giving them a piece of the action. (Remember, Lavine is a LAWYER) Some call that regulating. I will concede however, if just anyone could use the words Krav Maga, it would be worse than it is now.
    Let me reiterate my biggest gripe. SOME schools are in it for the MONEY ONLY, the school I attend is that way, they don’t give a shit about the art, or the students. And let me revisit another point, Making money is fine, we all have to earn a living, but to do it and let the art suffer and the students suffer, is wrong.
    And the bottom line is half belts have NO purpose other then to make the school owners wallets fatter.
    Have a groovy day

nc-southpaw

Krav Maga name being worthless? Ryan being a smartass? It being all about the money?
    Ive started Krav about 2 years ago with Ryan, I trained at a satellite location as well as visiting his school. Been with over half a dozen instructors and never got the sense it was about the money, Each one seems to love what they art doing….and while the ciriculum may be the same I have found that the slight variances in teaching styles help you gain insight…..he and his staff have taught classes where there were just a few students…(many of us have jobs that might require travel etc) and ones that were crowded…my brother takes classes in Philly area….never felt he was being duped for money….I took a class at his place there….I dont even think they asked me for money….and wouldnt take it when I offered to pay….
    Maybe what you percieve as sarcasm or being a dick is actually someone who is passionate about what they do feeling ire when it is belittled as some kind of craze….a wave to ride to financial success….there is no big mention of Krav with the current UFC MMA phase…..\”Enough\” wasnt the biggest grossing film of all times…in fact the movie never even outwardly said that J-Lo was studying Krav….unless you seek it out the IDF doesnt make a big deal of the fact that Krav is their official system bragging of its superiority to other systems….they take from other systems and fine tune….Ask the average dude with some minimal knowledge of martial arts who Imi is and you are much more likely to find someone familiar with Royce Gracie ….its not an Olympic sport or televised sport like Judo or Thai Boxing…..and it seems to me that what you percieve as greed, is actually an organization that wants to make sure it controls the quality of thier product……could their be a few people that cash in on the name : sure…..but I dont think you can hang a shingle outside your school and just say you are a Krav center unless you have kick, punch , elbow and knee your way thru some serious training…and given the current MMA craze I think if you were in it for the money you would capitalize on one of the giants of those sports ….
    If Krav is enjoying popularity it is because of people like Ryan who assembles a staff of professionals who love the RBSD system….and went thru all the stuff needed to teach it…and who hooked individuals like myself on its virtues…..never felt ripped off nor has anyone Ive trained with….

dkolb

\”To try and right a wrong. To shed light on the greed and lack of integrity in some schools, so people like yourself will have a clue when you are getting screwed…\”

well, while you think you are playing internet superhero, you come off sounding like a bitter, whining newbie who is throwing a tantrum because he didnt get his way. you keep accusing KMWW of only being in it for the money without a concern for standards, selling off the rights to the name and walking away. so exactly how many KMWW schools have you been to and experienced this? just because you dont agree with the policy you damn the whole system? that view is not only myopic (look it up), but makes your ‘keyboard warrior’ tirade laughable. i regret you have had a bad experience at your school (although i still have yet to figure out how half belts affect the quality of your instruction or the value of techinques you are learning to save your life), but the success of KMWW across the nation (and globally) speaks for itself with countless satisfied students and many stories of KM actually saving lives.

and for the record, darren LEVINE (how ’bout an attempt at spelling it right) is a deputy district attorney here in los angeles prosecuting those who commit crimes against peace officers. maybe when you have hit a fraction of that level of contribution to society, you can question his motives. until then do us all a favor and find another ’cause’ to champion. your ignorance isnt doing you any favors.

get over it and train.

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote=\”Black_Belt_Brian.
    Let me reiterate my biggest gripe. SOME schools are in it for the MONEY ONLY, the school I attend is that way, they don’t give a shit about the art, or the students.
    Have a groovy day[/quote]

When you started this thread I had a great deal of empathy for you. I don’t like the idea of half belts, more so for the preception they give of not being RBSD. John gave you the reasoning behind it from his pov.

And I’m going to point something out, just in case you don’t know my history here. John and i have had more than a couple spirited debates and I’m not doing krav though 2 of their best schools are extremely close. Meaning I’m not a closed minded Acolyte

John’s reasoning had merit in that the class sizes ,especialy at L1 & 2 are big. Students were walking into test not knowing all SD tech. Basically because each class focused on something else. Its hard to figure out what each student missed. If nothing else its a legitemate concern as this subject has been raised here

Though I’m not a big fan of half belt testing, having freinds that run studios of different types, the money generated from it is necessary for its profitability. Every instructor deserves to be compensated. The question for you seems to be how much is to much? The answer to that is simply what the consumer will pay. Your still paying it, right?

I don’t know crap about your school or your instructor, who your indirectly calling a money grubbing whore, among allegations of watering down the art and holding you back.

My confusion about you comes from the fact that you feel the school is a rip off, have been a whiny, sniviling bitch ( your words not mine, posted I believe on the 1st page of this thread) for about 6 months and still train there. If everything about KMAA is so crooked from your POV, Why the heck are you still training there? People love the complain, it vindecates them. The smarter thing to do is if your needs aren’t being met, to go somewhere that they will be met. The truth is krav isn’t holding up your progress, nor your instructor…Your attitude is and deep down whether you ever admit it publicly, you know I’m right.

I stuck up for some of the stuff you brought for discussion. Some were legitamite discussion. However, anyone who doesn’t agree with you, is not a Dick, Dickhead or any other name you chose to call them in the course of your posts.

You got a problem with the way your school is run. Talk to your instructor, that doesn’t work talk to the orginization, that doesn’t work change yourself or the organization. Its your only true options, calling people on forums names doesn’t help you. The smart thing would be to look at changing yourself, because no matter where you go, there you are.

Good luck Brian, I hope this all works out for you

mike

anonymous

Re:

quote \”dkolb\:

\”To try and right a wrong. To shed light on the greed and lack of integrity in some schools, so people like yourself will have a clue when you are getting screwed…\”

well, while you think you are playing internet superhero, you come off sounding like a bitter, whining newbie who is throwing a tantrum because he didnt get his way. you keep accusing KMWW of only being in it for the money without a concern for standards, selling off the rights to the name and walking away. so exactly how many KMWW schools have you been to and experienced this? just because you dont agree with the policy you damn the whole system? that view is not only myopic (look it up), but makes your ‘keyboard warrior’ tirade laughable. i regret you have had a bad experience at your school (although i still have yet to figure out how half belts affect the quality of your instruction or the value of techinques you are learning to save your life), but the success of KMWW across the nation (and globally) speaks for itself with countless satisfied students and many stories of KM actually saving lives.

and for the record, darren LEVINE (how ’bout an attempt at spelling it right) is a deputy district attorney here in los angeles prosecuting those who commit crimes against peace officers. maybe when you have hit a fraction of that level of contribution to society, you can question his motives. until then do us all a favor and find another ’cause’ to champion. your ignorance isnt doing you any favors.

get over it and train.

Who the fuck are you? You assholes come and insult me first and when I return the favor, you get bent out of shape, hypocrites. Who care how Lavine levien levine is spelled? What is this, english class? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? And who cares what his job is? Most cops I know deserve what happens to them. What makes a cop so special or better than the average citizen? How does serving a special interest \”contribute to socety?\”
    You fucking idiots miss the point, I’ll spelled it out as clearly as I can and you just don’t get it! LOL.
    Have a groovy day

anonymous

Re:

quote \”dkolb\:

get over it and train.

Who the fuck are you? You assholes come and insult me first and when I return the favor, you get bent out of shape, hypocrites. Who care how Lavine levien levine is spelled? What is this, english class? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? And who cares what his job is? Most cops I know deserve what happens to them. What makes a cop so special or better than the average citizen? How does serving a special interest \”contribute to society?\”
    You fucking idiots miss the point, I’ll spelled it out as clearly as I can and you just don’t get it! LOL.
    Have a groovy day 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 :twiste

anonymous

Re:

quote \”dkolb\:

get over it and train.

Who the fuck are you? You assholes come and insult me first and when I return the favor, you get bent out of shape, hypocrites. Who care how Lavine levien levine is spelled? What is this, English class? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? And who cares what his job is? Most cops I know deserve what happens to them. What makes a cop so special or better than the average citizen? How does serving a special interest \”contribute to society?\”
    Have a groovy day 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

anonymous

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

I stuck up for some of the stuff you brought for discussion. Some were legitamite discussion. However, anyone who doesn’t agree with you, is not a Dick, Dickhead or any other name you chose to call them in the course of your posts.

You got a problem with the way your school is run. Talk to your instructor, that doesn’t work talk to the orginization, that doesn’t work change yourself or the organization. Its your only true options, calling people on forums names doesn’t help you. The smart thing would be to look at changing yourself, because no matter where you go, there you are.

Good luck Brian, I hope this all works out for you

mike

Wrong Mike, I call people who insult me dickheads, and and people who try to belittle me dickheads, I have no problem opinions. But when people start using ad hominem arguments , I am going to take it personal, and will let them know what I feel.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Black_Belt_Brian\:

[
    Wrong Mike, I call people who insult me dickheads, and and people who try to belittle me dickheads, I have no problem opinions. But when people start using ad hominem arguments , I am going to take it personal, and will let them know what I feel.

Of course now you’ve proved their points and deleted any positive point you may have tried to make. It goes back to that attitude thing, but you know that, Now all us(Dickheads) willing to give you the benifit of the doubt and treat you like an adult know better. Enjoy your trolling 😆

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Black_Belt_Brian\:

… And who cares what his job is? Most cops I know deserve what happens to them. …

Wow, that is a powerful statement that demonstrates your vast wisdom. I think I will share that with the policemen that are also part time instructors at my school, I’m sure they will appriciate that.

dkolb

BBB

you have made yourself look FAR more ridiculous than i ever could – i appreciate you saving me the time. thanks and nicely done!

oh, and im sure that the LEOs at your training center will be looking forward to having a nice chat with your groovy self if and when you go back. good luck!

I’m the new guy at the NTC and on the board so I have limited knowledge and wisdom to share, but I’ll try anyway.

There was once a very powerful and moving quote and I think it applies here:

\”Fighting on the internet is like a special olympics race, it doesn’t matter who wins because at the end of the day everyone’s still retarded.\”

People other than BBB on here: Guys like this don’t deserve your attention nor your words. Just stop reading this posts and ignore him. No need to comment, new users, like myself, WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYWAY, know enough not to listen to antagonistic people like BBB and will ignore these posts and others by BBB.

If and when I want more info, I’m gonna go to knowledgeable people like dkolb, Gk, and the rest of the NTC staff and talk to them about it.

Go TRAIN(like dkolb says), and I have a good day everyone, even you BBB (I feel sorry for who you are)

anonymous

Re:

quote \”NewKravAddict\:

I’m the new guy at the NTC and on the board so I have limited knowledge and wisdom to share, but I’ll try anyway.

There was once a very powerful and moving quote and I think it applies here:

\”Fighting on the internet is like a special olympics race, it doesn’t matter who wins because at the end of the day everyone’s still retarded.\”

How nice, making fun of people with disabilities…You know you could try insulting me without being mean to the less fortunate…

People other than BBB on here: Guys like this don’t deserve your attention nor your words. Just stop reading this posts and ignore him. No need to comment, new users, like myself, WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYWAY, know enough not to listen to antagonistic people like BBB and will ignore these posts and others by BBB.

If and when I want more info, I’m gonna go to knowledgeable people like dkolb, Gk, and the rest of the NTC staff and talk to them about it.

Go TRAIN(like dkolb says), and I have a good day everyone, even you BBB (I feel sorry for who you are)

I do train. LOL, for some silly reason people think because I am disgruntled, I stopped training. And as long as I stir controversy, people will respond, it’s basic human nature for the pseudo alpha males to bolster their egos by \”putting the bad guy in his place.\” LOL…
    To put it in Police Lingo:
    \”oink, oink..oink oinkity oink\”
    LOL
    And YOU all have a groovy day

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: