Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    emil

I wanted to send some good vibes to everyone testing this weekend. Good luck and don’t break a leg 🙂

h2h

I watched it. It was long and brutal..they gave everything they had.
    Thumbs up to them ! They looked great !

sparring against Amir, Marcus, Kelly, Brent, Dugas or Chris is no fun for sure…

johnwhitman

Hey all,

I was one of the graders. It was a good test. 7 hours straight. They had three 1-minute breaks and one two-minute break (not counting some down time at the end while watching others fight).

Last time I posted about a black belt test, I gave a long description for someone who was curious. There were two many candidates for me to do the same here, but let’s just say they worked hard.

My favorite moment for this group was somewhere in the middle of the fifth hour: ongoing combatives against pads, getting banged around and having to turn and work a new pad, and then any sort of attack, with our without weapons, could come from any angle. Being able to handle that kind of unknown under stress is my definition of a black belt, and this whole group performed well. They should be proud of themselves!

johnwhitman

Hey all,

I was one of the graders. It was a good test. 7 hours straight. They had three 1-minute breaks and one two-minute break (not counting some down time at the end while watching others fight).

Last time I posted about a black belt test, I gave a long description for someone who was curious. There were too many candidates for me to do the same here, but let’s just say they worked hard.

My favorite moment for this group was somewhere in the middle of the fifth hour: ongoing combatives against pads, getting banged around and having to turn and work a new pad, and then any sort of attack, with our without weapons, could come from any angle. Being able to handle that kind of unknown under stress is my definition of a black belt, and this whole group performed well. They should be proud of themselves!

hammerfist

Hey, La Revancha, you out there? You still sore? How’s your knee? e-mail me at http://www.myerskarate.com Mark

glenngordon

Hey Mark,

How are you recovering from Amir’s and Marcus’s beating? Me personally, I think my liver just started functioning again and I can bend over to tie my shoes now…..

It was good seeing you man. Great job on the test!

Glenn

la-revancha

That really hurt. 😈 Team Pinched Nerve!!

Glenn, your body language said it all. In total, I saw a combination of 5 liver shots or faces/bodies contorted in agony attributed to liver shots. I think all of them involved Amir for some reason.

Ultimately, that was one of the greatest, daring experiences of my life. Thanks to my partners throughout and my training compadres back on the [l]east coast.

Brent, I still owe you a round.

brentw

You guys really worked hard. Congratulations on even finishing, much less doing so well on it.

I was expecting a few more rounds of the sparring. I didn’t even make it around to half of you guys, although 12 rounds would be a lot. I gave Glenn a few round kicks to spare. He can pass them on when he sees you next. At least he can claim one of his legs is as big as Amir’s. 😈

Don’t worry Team Pinched Nerve, we will meet again. Take care of the neck.

hammerfist

Hey Glen! My strategy was to dazzle them with my good looks and charm. When that didn’t work,I figured I’d let them beat their fists,arms and legs on me till they got tired, that did’nt work well either. But seriously, did someone tell them that I had said something bad about their mom or something? Anyway, great training with everyone, and hope to see yall again soon. Mark \”Punch&Kickpad\” Myers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: