Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Body falling apart and two weeks to test!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jdr-stw

My partner and I have been pushing especially hard the last few weeks because we are getting ready to take out level one test October 24. Because I live so far out, we condense and do three hours of hard training on Thursdays, Saturday class, and use TRX/Bass/three minute rounds at home the other days (except Sundays).

We talked last night and we both feel like we are dying. No power in our punches, twitching back muscles, and all of my joints but my hips are screaming.

We agreed to take today off and rest through the weekend, but I’m nervous because we are so close to test date. How do we maximize training these next few weeks with out overkill? We both have the yellow book and are planning to continue covering material that way.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Body falling apart and two weeks to test!

Relax, don’t over train. Keep up your cardio work EVERYDAY. Work on your curriculum with/without your partner super slow – do nothing at full speed from now until testing.

Let your body recover.

Remember my mantra:

Slow is smooth
    Smooth is accurate
    Accurate is deadly

jdr-stw

quote CJs Dad:

Relax, don’t over train. Keep up your cardio work EVERYDAY. Work on your curriculum with/without your partner super slow – do nothing at full speed from now until testing.

Let your body recover.

Remember my mantra:

Slow is smooth
    Smooth is accurate
    Accurate is deadly

Thank you for the feedback sir. We actually have almost three weeks, but it feels like tomorrow. I’ve taken four private sessions and I read as much as possible but I just wish I could make it in there more than a few times a week. Good to hear from you, and hope you are well.

jdr-stw

One last question…with the exception of running and squats, what would you recommend for cardio each day? Duration? I know you say everyday, but should we ease off at all in the week before the test? thanks!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m a strong proponent of jumping/skipping rope. Its easier on a timer than trying to count revolutions. Just use your phones clock on timer. Set it for 2 minutes at first while you get used to it. If that’s easy try a pyramid set (1 min, rest, 2 min, rest, 3 min, rest, 2 min, rest, 1 min) Go at your own pace while you acclimate but the faster you go the better work your doing. Sounds easy right? LOL LMK how it works out.

Oh and I use a rope we call “the Black Mamba” its weighted. If your feeling brave you can get the red one its lighter.

jdr-stw

quote CJs Dad:

I’m a strong proponent of jumping/skipping rope. Its easier on a timer than trying to count revolutions. Just use your phones clock on timer. Set it for 2 minutes at first while you get used to it. If that’s easy try a pyramid set (1 min, rest, 2 min, rest, 3 min, rest, 2 min, rest, 1 min) Go at your own pace while you acclimate but the faster you go the better work your doing. Sounds easy right? LOL LMK how it works out.

Oh and I use a rope we call “the Black Mamba” its weighted. If your feeling brave you can get the red one its lighter.

Getting ready to go now…we will see but I remember having trouble walking last time I did these 😂

Thanks!

jjbklb

quote CJs Dad:

I’m a strong proponent of jumping/skipping rope. Go at your own pace while you acclimate but the faster you go the better work your doing. Sounds easy right? LOL LMK how it works out.

The important thing is to recite the proper mantra as you just rope

………”Firecracker,Firecracker,..Boom,Boom,Boom….”

:}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: