Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    revobuzz

Does it matter if the book you buy is not from the organisation your class is?

What I mean is if I’m a beginner and I buy a book written by a KMW member but I train at an IKMF school does it really matter? Do the basics vary that much?

bear34

Re: Books and Organisations

quote revobuzz:

Does it matter if the book you buy is not from the organisation your class is?

What I mean is if I’m a beginner and I buy a book written by a KMW member but I train at an IKMF school does it really matter? Do the basics vary that much?

I train with IKMF as well and it is my opinion that you should get information from any reputable org. that it is available from. I have looked through the KMW books and they are quite good. The techniques are identical in many cases but the levels at which you learn them is quite different.
    I am hoping that my wife and daughter get me the David Kahn (IKMA) Mastering Krav Maga DVDs for Christmas. They look excellent from what I have seen although some of the techniques they show look quite different to my novice eyes.

kmyoshi

The techniques will probably vary slightly but the principle will be the same. I suggest getting the book from your organization as they’ll be teaching what is in the book. It’ll help you better when you’re at home trying to break down what was taught in class but I don’t think it would do any harm learning/knowing what the other organizations are teaching and pick which one suits you best.

lennykravitz

I would get as much reputable information from trusted organizations. It doesn’t matter if it’s ikmf, KMWW, ikma or kmg — If it’s good, it’s good.

If you are an ikmf student, you can get the DVDs from Israel or online, the book written by Eyal Yanilov and Imi (when Eyal was still ikmf). I personally have both of these as well as the books by David Kahn and his DVD series (which is superb by the way — definitely put that one on your Christmas list). I’ve got a friend who has lent me the complete Krav Maga book from KMWW which I found very good also.

Hope this helps!

bear34

quote lennyKRAVitz:

I would get as much reputable information from trusted organizations. It doesn’t matter if it’s ikmf, KMWW, ikma or kmg — If it’s good, it’s good.

If you are an ikmf student, you can get the DVDs from Israel or online, the book written by Eyal Yanilov and Imi (when Eyal was still ikmf). I personally have both of these as well as the books by David Kahn and his DVD series (which is superb by the way — definitely put that one on your Christmas list). I’ve got a friend who has lent me the complete Krav Maga book from KMWW which I found very good also.

Hope this helps!

IMO the IKMF DVDs are confusing until you have trained for a while because there is no instruction, just demonstration. If you get a chance to train with Avi Moyal or any of his people, don’t miss it. What you learn in a couple of hours will amaze you.

donjon
    Blocked

good to know that nice informative share i must say

antonios

I preffer to get info and techniques from everywhere and in training to see if they fit to me.I train with IKMF 3 years know and iam really happy with the principles and basics.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: