Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    piko-piko

Once my opponent passes out from carotid artery choke, if I don’t realise that he has passed out and continue pinning him / hitting him will he be able to wake up because of the pain?

Let’s say I get attacked and manage to put a carotid artery choke, I wouldn’t want the attacker to die but at the same time I wouldn’t want to release him early.

Suppose I end up choking him and also strangulating him so that he wouldn’t breathe, would he suddenly regain consciousness after some time if I continue to choke him?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

There’s a lot of variables with no specific answer to that one. If you end up doing that technique while defending yourself if think get away asap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUSMGovYbc guy wakes up after a few secs

according to what i’ve read, regular people go to sleep after 5-10 seconds and the brain can survive for a few minutes without receiving permanent damage. i think its safe to count 15-20 seconds (assuming you apply it properly) then release and leave. but be careful since 15 seconds is enough time to have one of their buddies come and stab you from behind xD.

edit:if you continue to choke i don’t think he will wake up until you release him since the blood flow is still interrupted…maybe his body will start shaking up or something..idk

bullseye
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: