Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Checking in to say hi.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Another newbie just checking in to say hello! I studied karate for a few years about 20 years ago, and have had no self-defense training since. I’ve been doing a lot of firearms training, and I figured it was time to round out my self defense options with something practical like Krav. thumbsup

I guess the first order of business is getting recommendations for groin protection. :OhMy: I’ll do some searching before asking a lot of questions that have already been answered.

I’m looking forward to beginning my training. 🙂

gitano

Re: Checking in to say hi.

Hola and welcome RA. I’m a relative n00b too, but the Bike brand cup has saved my bacon bits a few times already.
    Cheers-
    Sean

Haha… I love the Devo avatar!

I myself am going to look for the Shock Doctor Power Compression Shorts with Bioflex Cup as I hear a lot of MMA guys use it and it is supposed to be very comfortable as well.

http://www.shockdoctor.com/shop/product.php?productid=16149&cat=347&page=1

kmman

Nutty Buddy is good also. I just tried them all. I like the old Title boxing style and the Nutty Buddy

mara-jade

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!:wav: I see the guys are helping ya outthumbsup

Well, I’ve been to two classes now, and love it! I also bought a massive bottle of Ibuprofen last night. :combat: (I’m on the right) rofl2

nixxon

Where in Arizona are you at and where are you training?

mara-jade

quote raising_arizona:

Well, I’ve been to two classes now, and love it! I also bought a massive bottle of Ibuprofen last night. :combat: (I’m on the right) rofl2

Nice to see you’re enjoying the painrofl2. Take heart, it only gets better and more pain along the way. Wish me and hubby luck – got our level 3 test at the end of the monththumbsup

quote Nixxon:

Where in Arizona are you at and where are you training?

PM sent…

paragon

Um, don’t I know you from somewhere…..?

quote Paragon:

Um, don’t I know you from somewhere…..?

Sigforum, maybe?

paragon

quote raising_arizona:

Sigforum, maybe?

I was being funny, silly rabbit. Of course it’s Sigforum. Your handle is pretty distinctive.

And I know allll about the advil thing…. 😉

quote Paragon:

I was being funny, silly rabbit. Of course it’s Sigforum. Your handle is pretty distinctive.

And I know allll about the advil thing…. 😉

He he, I guess that was pretty dense of me. The giant Devo avatar doesn’t help my anonymity either. :):

Speaking of Advil, I was at a knife seminar this weekend, and both my forearms are black and swollen from my wrist to about half way to my elbow. :OhMy: I might be investing in some forearm guards in the future for these “tender” moments. ;): I’m contemplating whether to go to class tomorrow. I think another hit on the bone might cause my head to explode.

nixxon

Raising just sent ya PM reply. I didn’t have notifications turned on so I didn’t see it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: