Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Chest protection for women

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cinnamongirl

Hi all, I’m new to this forum, and new to Krav.

I’m wondering if any other gals out there use/wear any form of chest protection during class. I sweat a lot, and I don’t really want to wear any more gear than I have to, but I found that after yesterday’s class, my chest was pretty sore.

I’d love to hear how the ladies here deal with this issue.

Cheers!

Re: Chest protection for women

Hello Cinnamon

I may not be the group you were trying to solicit information from but I know several females who use Turtle Shells, and they say they work very well. They offer good protection/comfort balance. http://www.turtle-shells.com/index.php

I always tell my students to use the most protection you can handle wearing. I also encourage my female students to consider groin protection.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Train hard and be safe.

cinnamongirl

Thanks for the tip – I’m definitely going to check them out!

Cheers!

danielos

We have a special item for the chest for women’s, that offers great protection.
    http://www.kravshop.nl/cups-supporters/

I’m glad you posted this, I was wondering as well. Some of those guys hit pretty hard, and it hurts!

splatcat

:confused::confused::confused: Uhhhh… Look, I really don’t want to be improper here, & I sure HOPE to god that it doesn’t come across that way, but WHAT THE HECK is going on in your classes that chest protection is an issue??

I realize that I’ve only trained in the Denver area (aside from one class in Toronto on a biz trip), & it’s certainly possible that different schools do things a bit differently – but I don’t recall ever getting slugged in the chest, & I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of the gals getting hit there either… (Of course, I’m assuming that I’d hear them vocalize a bit – could be a faulty assumption…) :dunno:

mara-jade

How about a defensive front kick? Stuff like that comes in handy believe me:D:

splatcat

Ah geez, that’s only slightly obvious… :banghead: I guess I’ve always thought in terms of defending a woman, NOT in terms of defending against a woman… (Which could be a hell of a blind spot, come to think of it…)

Thanks for opening my eyes a little bit mara_jade…

cinnamongirl

Hey SplatCat – sorry, I assumed it would be pretty obvious why a gal would need chest protection in class. :): What happens when you hold a tombstone pad or kick-shield for your parter? It hits your chest. What happens when your partner is bigger and stronger than you are? It hits your chest hard. No matter how I hold the pad, inevitably will hit my chest. After a while, it hurts. There is also a risk of long-term damage to tissue, possibly resulting in tumours later in life. I’d like to avoid this if possible. It’s un-comforatble at the best of times, downright painful on occasion. Especially since I’m now in Level 2. I’ve ordered the CoolGuard Max that’s available in KravShop – cannot wait to try it out. I will post an update as soon as I’ve had a chance to try it out! Also – SplatCat – I’m in Toronto – where did you take your class?

cinnamongirl

Well, I received my Super CoolGuard Chest protection bra and have worn it for two classes. So far I love it! Since the shoulder straps don’t adjust, I had to make some simple modifications, but it was easy enough to do, and it fits really well.

My first class wearing it, we were doing a stress drill where we were holding our partners against the wall with kick-shields, and they had to fight their way out. Well, my partner gave me a front-kick that sent me flying backwards directly on my butt rofl2. As I was lying on the ground, assuring my partner and instructor that I was fine, all I was thinking was – hey my boobs don’t hurt! Since then, during sparring, I took a couple of non-intentional grazes during some upper-cuts – and I didn’t feel a thing.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who is having any issues or concerns with hits to the chest during class.

anddrrival

Surly there is a risk of long-term damage to tissue, possibly resulting in tumours later in life.So the use of chest protectors is very essential.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: