Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Make sure you check out the training page, we are hosting the 1st Annual Force Training Conference during LE Memorial Week, May 15-16. Also we have a series 1/5 in mid June. You can find info on our webpage as well. Ground fighting for cops… can’t beat having Jon and Oneness in the same room for this course!

Lynn is hosting a 2/3 for his agency at his and Mark’s location in Portland, but it is also open to all those currently certified in Krav Maga. I can’t wait to eat at the Mill again… yummy.

OREGON is so wonderful in the summer!!! Lynn, Mark, Oneness and I always make it worth your wild- so come visit us. 🙂 Anyone like flyfishing?

stevetuna

Re: Come train with us in Oregon

Kristen – that sounds great! If I can’t get there for that one (we’ve got a Force Training week scheduled at the end of April that I’m committed to), I hope you’ll do it again.

Sean A. says that I haven’t lived until you’ve kicked my sorry butt… And yes, I’d love to see what the fly fishing would be all about!

kirsten

LOL… I plan on making it an annual conference just for Force Instructors and LEO’s so we can keep everyone’s certifications active, train, learn and relax. Next year we will be doing LEO consims training with Krav Maga scenarios for patrol, corrections, transport, and P&P. This year we are testing the waters to see how many participate. It will always be the end of LE Memorial week, so you can plan for next year! 😉

stevetuna

And don’t forget the fishing…

kirsten

The pre-registration discount for this event has ended, however you still can register for very inexpensive. Several departments are sending the majority of their officers to the second day of training, so to ensure you have a spot- make sure to register prior to the 16th.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

jwp5560

UUUMMM…hell yeah I love fly fishing. I tie my own flies as well. Are you a fly fishing gal? Always nice to meet others who enjoy it as well. I wish I could make it out there but even if I was physically able to, my department would never pay for it. Not in these times anyways.

jwp5560

As someone who lives and works outside of DC, it is hard to compete with Police Week!

kirsten

Yes I love to flyfish… I used to tie my own as I live only 5 miles from Hareline Dubbing, which sells the materials. However I just don’t have the time anymore for it and only get out to fish when people come to visit and love to “fly”.

I wish I could visit DC during memorial week but I can never make it, so I figured the training to keep officers safe was a great idea instead. Sadly, the budgets are so bad the vast majority of participants are paying out of their own pockets. I tried to keep the price down so that it would not create a huge hardship for everyone… but it is all local, in state officers attending.

Maybe a flyfishing vacation is in order for you next year… say around LE week? 🙂

stevetuna

I’d be grateful for some reports of how the session goes when it’s all said and done, Kirsten. Particularly about the attack trends, etc…

jwp5560

Always nice to meet others who enjoy to fly fish as well. I dont get out as much as I would like either. Being a Gang officer working in a Gang Unit takes up a lot of my time. If you ever want to come to Police week, I always tell officers that they are welcome to stay at my place. We are tweny miles from DC. Everyone should come at least once. It is quite an experience.

kirsten

quote jwp5560:

Always nice to meet others who enjoy to fly fish as well. I dont get out as much as I would like either. Being a Gang officer working in a Gang Unit takes up a lot of my time. If you ever want to come to Police week, I always tell officers that they are welcome to stay at my place. We are tweny miles from DC. Everyone should come at least once. It is quite an experience.

I appreciate that. I would love to see it…

Well the training went awesome! We had a blast with LEO’s from all over Oregon and Idaho. We updated some things for everyone, added a few new things to the tool box and they got to preview some of Oneness’ groundfighting for LE. It was an all around fantastic time.

Next year is already on the books for the 7-8 of May. We moved it to the weekend before so it wouldn’t conflict with local ceremonies. I have an invite out to Jon for next year and he is looking forward to it, so mark your calendars! 🙂 I see shock knives and simunitons in our future….

kirsten

Oh yeah, and flyfishing!!!

stevetuna

I suppose that I have 51 weeks to plan for this. Can’t wait!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: