Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Comfortable Groin Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    kmman

Is this an oxymoron? I am currently using Title and the protection is great but it’s so bulky it really hinders movement—especially warmups.

Is anyone using a more comfortable protection? Is there one out there better suited for Krav? I think mine is geared towards boxing and doesnt restrict movement as much.

Anyone have any suggestions….and er…….no “it’s too big jokes” please…I have the correct size !!!!!thumbsup

guitarded-1

Re: Comfortable Groin Protection

Shock Doctor seems to be talke about a lot. I think there’s a thread or two on groin protection that may prove helpful.

mikes
    hollywood

Try a banana cup. I’ve used one since little league ball. Alot more comfortable than the old style groin protection. imo.

kpalena

I used a Bike protector for a while it allowed for a great deal of movement, but it was a little small for me. I use a Pro Cup now and I like it. Just make sure that it wraps under. Otherwise a stray tow may get under and smack the fellas.

mara-jade

Guitarded_1 – Welcome to the forum!:wav:

KMMAN – I found this thread
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2003&highlight=groin+protection

kmman

Thanks—very helpful.

guitarded-1

quote mara_jade:

Guitarded_1 – Welcome to the forum!:wav:

Thank you kindly. I have my first Krav class in a couple of weeks and I’m pumped. Needless to say, this forum has been invaluable in helping me assemble the proper gear. Protecting my boys is of paramount importance.:OhMy:

Those Shock Doctor compression shorts with the cup are great, but still pretty uncomfortable when you’re grappling. Then again, I don’t know if there is anything that will stay in place too well for that.

J-

mara-jade

quote guitarded_1:

Thank you kindly. I have my first Krav class in a couple of weeks and I’m pumped. Needless to say, this forum has been invaluable in helping me assemble the proper gear. Protecting my boys is of paramount importance.:OhMy:

Don’t blame ya at all. I wasn’t sure about using a protector at first since I thought it was emphasized for the guys. Then hubby grazed me on a kick – holy crap! From then on, I said screw that:D:

KMMAN – No problem

http://www.nuttybuddy.com/#

check that site out.

kmman

Yes, I was looking at the NuttyBuddy. I wonder if anyone here uses and can give their opinion.

I’ve been using the good old WalMart special (I think it’s called “Duke”). I got one square to the balls from a guy in class who got a little excited on a front choke defense and I was surprised by the protection.

kmman

After using 3 different groin protections I like the NuttyBuddy and the “boxer” style title the best. Nutty Buddy is comfortable and allows movement and the Title is mch bulkier and restrictive but cant beat the protection.

I just bought a pair of Adidas Slider compression shorts with a cup last week and they seem fairly comfortable.

They are meant for baseball and actually have a little lite padding on the outside legs as well as the cup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: