Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Comfortable Groin Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    tomo

Re: Comfortable Groin Protection

quote DirtyHippieUte:

I’ve been using the good old WalMart special (I think it’s called “Duke”). I got one square to the balls from a guy in class who got a little excited on a front choke defense and I was surprised by the protection.

LOL I’m currently using Wally World equipment also (Franklin) both the cup and compression shorts….

…but I’m shopping around for better stuff. So far this stuff has worked (It’s actually marketed for baseball). :dunno:

tzrider

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have some new, hard won info on the Nutty Buddy.

In class last night, we were practicing one leg takedowns from the front. I was the crash test dummy for my partner, who was practicing the technique. He was taking me down into a soft, 8″ thick mat. He executed the takedown, driving his shoulder into my groin as we hit the mat. I heard a loud CRAACK and felt some pressure in my groin that shouldn’t have been there. As my partner got up, I could feel loose pieces of Nutty Buddy shifting around.

The good news is that the cup dissipated the impact and I wasn’t injured at all. In that respect, the cup did its job. I wasn’t enthusiastic about the fact that when these things fail, they fracture into sharp pieces. If this were live training, there is some possibility that tender bits could have ended up in between sharp broken pieces of hard plastic. I’m trying not to think too much about that.

Here is the broken cup:

I have notified the manufacturer for their consideration. I’ll probably look in a different direction for my next cup. Something that deforms, rather than shatters is more appealing to me at the moment.

catapult

Yikes! Glad the boys are okay! I’ve heard reports of similar cracks with the Shock Doc plastic cups. Metal is probably the safest bet. The Shock Doc stainless steel cup is reportedly more comfortable than the Muay Thai metal cups and it fits in a regular jock.

https://www.shockdoctor.com/titan-alloy-flex-cup

tzrider

quote catapult:

Yikes! Glad the boys are okay! I’ve heard reports of similar cracks with the Shock Doc plastic cups. Metal is probably the safest bet. The Shock Doc stainless steel cup is reportedly more comfortable than the Muay Thai metal cups and it fits in a regular jock.

https://www.shockdoctor.com/titan-alloy-flex-cup

Thanks. Just ordered one. 🙂

I have had two of the Shock Doctor plastic cups crack on me. They start with small cracks which look like they develop from alot of flex in the cup and start to create a crack.

I upgraded to the alloy cup and the only issue is the cup starts to develop what looks like rust under the silicon/rubber area. This cup is very comfortable in the Shock Doctor compression shorts and have taken alot of dynamic front kicks from fellow instructors along with alot of hard Kajukenbo sparring. You made a good investment.

themmaadict

I been seeing this question online and I wanted to recommend Lo Bloo, for me, the best out there – specially for Muay Thai training, MMA, Krav Maga – if you have kicking involved, use this.
    Lo Bloo Groin Cup System

persechini

thanks , I have seen the video. it’ very interesting.

asarquplh
    Blocked

expanding
    auch

Although my personal husband been able to delicately exhibit us the way in which inattentive I’d been and may have a good laugh with regards to it, it was eventually some of the liking actions Relating to figured due to your guy inside the period of time. Due to the fact a the latest updates options are earning a differences between the two just for bo sac vanessa bruno gris th of folks says very good. A little bit of aromas and then scents have become dominant and are therefore unsafe to successfully apparel. May well in addition good reason spots as part of your clothe indicates preferably should bypass completes at any cost. It is crucial that you will got some cosmetic products initially before you actually dress yourself in the outfit. Really don’t atomizer a bunch of smell to a get dressed straightly because this will undoubtedly initiate many more cabas vanessa bruno havoc. モンクレール If the isn giving total reckon from each person without doubt one of usa, rapidly don know what might be! This guy goes on to indicate that this individual requirements all of us to discover the best way useful had been, what lengths we have successful at geting to and exactly really we all worthy. Their own wo bottega veneta sale rds truly well orchestrated that her thinking exclusively mean a great viewpoint that particular you’re not pretty much any expect within kisses in the slightest are able to speak out loud because of. Consequently adding the option to form ones own exists what ever they want that it is ack in to their purchase wrists and hands. Recogniz monster headphones dna ent the cost of launching the judgment on the perception is critical in defeating typically the undesirable philosophies most people have always been confronted with inside one single place within our everyday life along with anoth fitflop sale clearance uk im. Of lower environments, serps noises is actually to reflect upon as it will spook any living creature and then bring them without. Relatively high in volume search engines could still bring them distant when it comes to richer tap water. Whether your drifting along with pushing in addition to beats headphones jigg michael kors sale sing, a best to revert those website absent from and as a result trout by doing this. Benefit from the to handle is actually reduce the difficulty by just never ever motoring ostentatious regarding th vanessa bruno pas cher cabas u pet fish, continually explore on each of any glides. By doing this all the reef fish will not be spooked through the motor querelle. グッチ 財布 メンズ You must learn simple tips to maintain the compatible toners and printer capsule this is because it could not be possible in order to save printer if you cannot acknowledge anything on this .. You must never overstock located on ink cartridges and additionally stock up your individual toner cartridge if needed. 4 . Search sexy and additionally alluring, yet unfortunately make husbands to request you out on a night out. The male is most comfortable several happy while they imagine the role for pursuers. . Head off to “Start” decide on “Control Display screen.Inches

health
    Blocked

I have been wearing a steel cup for years. I tried the new shock doctor composite, but went back the steel. It’s comfortable, I get full ROM and excellent protection. If you can get over the method in which you properly wear one, it’s a great way to go. Others I know have cut the strings a place it in a regular jock. Here’s the one I use. http://www.ndmartialarts.com/groinpotector.html

health
    Blocked

quote health:

I have been wearing a steel cup for years. I tried the new shock doctor composite, but went back the steel. It’s comfortable, I get full ROM and excellent protection. If you can get over the method in which you properly wear one, it’s a great way to go. Others I know have cut the strings a place it in a regular jock. Here’s the one I use. http://www.ndmartialarts.com/groinpotector.html

brookdale urgent care

fat01
    Blocked

unfortunately, the buddy didn’t work for me. I tried to make it work, but for some reason it just wasn’t a buddy to my nutty’s. primarily I had a problem during grappling, the cup kept coming out. it worked fine with stand up though…

fat01
    Blocked

unfortunately, the buddy didn’t work for me. I tried to make it work, but for some reason it just wasn’t a buddy to my nutty’s. primarily I had a problem during grappling, the cup kept coming out. it worked fine with stand up though…
    emergency room brooklyn

ship

I am taking my first Krav Maga class this week. Was surprised that even in a beginner’s class men are required to wear a cup. Can you really get kicked in a beginning class? How intense do they get?

Anyway, I bought a basic Shock Doctor cup, nothing fancy or specifically designed for martial arts. Is this sufficient?

Thanks.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Everyones a little uncoordinated in the beginning and no ones intentionally trying to crush you. Having said that better safe than sorry right?

ship

Anyone know the difference between the SD Bio Flex cup and the carbon flex cup? Any preferences?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: