Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: CKM / Moni

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but “Phase A is a few 100 bucks” sounds a little vague to me. I’ve always been curious as to what Phase A cost and since the cost of instructor training came up in other systems, what, exactly, would it cost me to attend Phase A KMW instructor training today?

mara-jade

Best bet is to get in contact with a Regional Training center ‘close’ to you and ask. You could PM Ryan too – his center is one of the Regional Training Centers and he’s here fairly frequently.

bradm

It won’t be necessary to contact a Regional Training center because I’m not interested in attending Phase training. I just thought someone would be courteous enough to disclose the actual cost of Phase Training. Unless, of course, it is secret or proprietory KMW information. I thought it would be nice to compare the cost to the others that were disclosed. A couple years ago when I was training in KM, I was lead to believe it cost around $4000.00 Phase training and license.Slightly more than a “few hundred” that someone stated.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Brad is that hostility in your post?

I honestly don’t know what it costs licensees or what the licensing fees are. The in-house fees for the phase program are exactly that a few hundred dollars as in “FEW” which is less then several hundred and significantly less then $1000 let alone $4000. Phase A is closer to $300

If you took A,B,C and expert 1-5 that’s 8 courses that would still be significantly less then 4k

blindfold

Although I hate to disagree. If a person took A-C & Expert 1-5, the cost for classes might be less than 4K, but the medical expense would be well over that. thumbsup

Brad M I think the licencing fees are a completely seperate entity from training and instruction. I think someone should have to train from A-C in order to get a license to open a KM place. :dunno:

bradm

CJ’s Dad,
    No, my post was not ment to be hostile. I just re-read it and I can see where it may appear to be hostile. I’m sorry about that, in no way did I mean to project hostility and do appoligize. From what you say, phase training seems very reasonable. The reason I was so curious is because a few years ago, when I first started training in Krav Maga, I had considered trying to become an instructor. I didn’t feel the school I was training at would sponsor me (pay for the course) because of my age and the fact that I would be retiring from my main job and possibly moving to another state in the near future. I’m not sure how I arrived at a cost of a few thousand dollars (I stated $4000.00 as a rounded figure). Maybe the few thousand dollars included everything: training cost, airfare or transportation to and from the training facility, hotel costs, meals, and licensing cost. I thought about paying for it all out of pocket, but could not afford it if the cost was what I was lead to believe. Also, at my age, I was concerned that I may fall into the percentile that didn’t pass — fearing $$$$ out the window so to speak.

The reason I stated that I was not interested in attending Phase training is because I do not train in Krav Maga anymore. Again, no hostilities intended.

Thanks for your reply CJ’s Dad — much respect.

ryan

For what it’s worth, I offered to sponsor Brad through phase A some time ago, even offering to cover the training expenses, if he would cover the travel.

Regarding costs, it varies, by the type of licensing agreement.

psyops

Ryan,

Seriously? $250!!! Man I got screwed!

ryan

It’s not quite that simple, and it has changed over the years. The fee is based on a licensing agreement, and “all inclusive” agreements, which are more expensive, have less expensive training fees. It’s really hard to put a “price tag” to it, since there are so many variables involved.

bradm

quote Ryan:

For what it’s worth, I offered to sponsor Brad through phase A some time ago, even offering to cover the training expenses, if he would cover the travel.

Yes you did Ryan and I really appreciated your offer to do so. It was some sort of apprendice program if memory serves me right. I’ve often thought about why I didn’t take you up on the offer and what would have happened if I had. Aside from being on a retirement income and not sure I could afford the expenses, perhaps fear of failure was a factor.

I do thank you for that offer and do appreciate it.

ryan

Brad, the offer still stands, if you ever change your mind.

For what it’s worth, I am working with someone in Orlando to bring quality KM to the area.

joseph-l

Moni has been teaching krav maga since 1975 in Israel (see link below on his club in Israel). This is way before KM became famous and a money making business.

He was allowed to teach krav maga in Israel, the birth place of krav maga, as a coach of Israeli’s first olympic medalists in martial arts.

He could teach KM in 1975 when I was only 3 years old. Why can’t he be allowed to teach krav maga now, more than 30 years later?

http://www.usadojo.com/take-action/moni-flyers/moni-maccabi.htm

Moni’s teaching has resulted in olympic medalists and MM winners. He was in the special forces and taught krav maga as early as 1975. What’s wrong with people wanting to learn krav maga from him?

joseph-l

Moni has been teaching krav maga since 1975 in Israel (see link below on his club in Israel). This is way before KM became famous and a money making business.

He was allowed to teach krav maga in Israel, the birth place of krav maga, as a coach of Israeli’s first olympic medalists in martial arts.

He could teach KM in 1975 when I was only 3 years old. Why can’t he be allowed to teach krav maga now, more than 30 years later?

Moni’s teaching has resulted in olympic medalists and MM winners. He was in the special forces and taught krav maga as early as 1975. What’s wrong with people wanting to learn krav maga from him?

kvmorl

quote Ryan:

Brad, the offer still stands, if you ever change your mind.

For what it’s worth, I am working with someone in Orlando to bring quality KM to the area.

That’s some good news Ryan if it pans out. Would love to see KMWW certified instruction down here, doing quality classes directed by KMWW. thumbsup

gadfly

quote Joseph L:

It’s wrong because he wasn’t in the Special forces: he based his advertising on the claim that this is the “krav maga of the Israeli special forces” and that other forms of Krav Maga are redundant or only taught to regular troops. The stuff he teaches is basically the application of judo/jiu jutsu techniques and principles to a variety of self defence situations. Some of it’s good, some of it in my view is not so good; either way he has nothing to do with the Israeli Special forces now nor has he ever done – consequently his advertising remains essentially fraudulent despite it’s being watered down considerably over the last couple of months in response to issues raised on this and other forums

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: