Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    joseph-l

Re: CKM / Moni

Gadfly

Thanks for your reply. I think you have a point on he having to prove his connection with special forces. Could it be that he is not allowed to do so by law or any other code?

I would have thought that this is rather sensitive information. Commandos are usually not allowed to say what they have been involved in.

Would commandos (say SAS or SEAL) behind enemy lines be forbidden from disclosing their activities and units? In movies they often say that even their own country would disown them because the operations are illegal.

simon

quote Joseph L:

Moni has been teaching krav maga since 1975 in Israel (see link below on his club in Israel). This is way before KM became famous and a money making business.

He was allowed to teach krav maga in Israel, the birth place of krav maga, as a coach of Israeli’s first olympic medalists in martial arts.

He could teach KM in 1975 when I was only 3 years old. Why can’t he be allowed to teach krav maga now, more than 30 years later?

http://www.usadojo.com/take-action/moni-flyers/moni-maccabi.htm

Moni’s teaching has resulted in olympic medalists and MM winners. He was in the special forces and taught krav maga as early as 1975. What’s wrong with people wanting to learn krav maga from him?

LOL Classic

I read the post and for a minute actually thought you were serious.

The fact that they somehow don’t think we as consumers can’t add is comical. “Flyer from 1975 showing that Moni was teaching Krav Maga at his club” In 1975 he had his own school?

That’s 33 years ago so for the purpose of this discussion lets say Moni is 50 now. He had his own school at 17?

*I honestly dont know how old he is but still even mid 50’s its a stretch

morkravi

Joseph,

1 -Moni never in his life taught krav maga. He taught his own system with his own philosophies and used the name krav maga.

2 -mybe i’m not seeing something clear here, but this advertisement:
    http://www.usadojo.com/take-action/moni-flyers/moni-maccabi61.htm apparently is from 1975. In the bottom right corner in Hebrew it reads: “Special offer, any one who brings a friend that joins the club will receive a free t-shirt.” Then it states: “notice, this offer is only good for the month of september 1985.” hmmmmm.

3 -Joseph, i don’t know what your deal is with Moni, but either don’t be victimized by him, or don’t let him turn you into an idiot. ‘Commandos’, are not allowed to release their identity, state that they are in a special unit, state which unit, and talk about what they did…..WHEN THEY ARE STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE. Especially, 38 years later, there is no law or ‘code’ that prohibits you from disclosing which unit you served in, that is why when you are discharged from the army you receive a discharge certificate that states where you served. There are all too many examples of Israelis who were in high class units and took part in super secret missions that are still interviewed today about their military history, have books published about their military history, and appear on t.v. to talk about their military history.

Let’s humour Moni for a second, and pretend that he actually served in the special forces. His service still wouldn’t come close to amounting to the prestege and classification level of individuals like Ehud Barak, who served over 20 years in THE most elite unit in Israel, sayeret matkal, and took part in some of the most super prestigous and classified missions in Israel’s history, such as operations gift, rooster, isotope, mahalot, hotel savoy, thunderbolt, misgav am, and line 300, to name a few, all of which has been published into a book about Barak and of course, used for all of his political campaigns.

Muki Betzer, maybe even a better example. Served 25 years in the Israeli Special Froces, served in sayeret tzanhanim, egoz, was a commanding officer in sayeret matkal, created sayeret shaldag and was then assigned to be their commanding officer, took part in highly classified and prestigious missions all of which is published in his book and talked about over and over in Israeli media.

Should I get into the countless Mossad agents, (the agency which holds the highest security classification level in Israel, including the requirement that it’s field agents remain in Israel for 15 years after their discharge) who have had books legally published about their service and accounts.

By the way, claiming that you were involved in an ambush of 1000 syrian commandos that killed over 70 of the unit members and decimated the unit, is far more sensitive and classified information than stating which unit you served in.

Simon,

Moni was enlisted into the IDF in 1969, when he was 18 years old. Today he is 57.

psyops

Morkravi,

Your post is awesome. It clearly states facts surrounding Phony’s err.. I mean Moni’s service. What the kool aid drinkers don’t understand is that Moni lied about his service in an effort to bolster his reputation. Being an Israeli Judo champion was not enough for him. So he made up a story about his service. But theres more! Moni was teaching in Canada primarily and he had been doing so for quite some time. The internet has provided a way for people in Israel to communicate with North America at almost light speed. In the past Moni could spread his lies and they would go completely unchecked.

So he has been exposed. Your point about Moni turning his followers into idiots is well stated. Those of us who know Krav Maga in its true form can observe a technique from any one of the major organizations and see its close relative in others. The principles of Imi are clearly defined. Moni’s system follows none of them. Furthermore those of us who have studied Judo recognize the techniques and prinicples in Moni’s system. He changed the name of his system. He has only jumped on the Krav Maga bandwagon.

He has attacked other Krav Maga practitioners through unsigned letters and his buddies at USADOJO.COM.

Why haven’t any of the major organizations including the IDF or any one of the units in the IDF acknowledged Moni as the Commando he claims he was? Why has IKMA, IKMF, KMWW, Wingate, etc… remained silent? The answer is simple. Moni is a liar!

joseph-l

Morkravi

Thanks for your reply and explanation.

Is there a web site that explains the principles of Imi?

For avoidance of doubt, my deal with self defence is very simple – for my own fitness and ability to get out of trouble and go home. I have passed my mid-thirties and don’t intend to be a commando or super martial artist.

I did boxing as a teenager, then had nothing to do with martial art for a long time, until recently when violent crimes have increased around me.

I admire KM because of its pragmatism and its birth as a result of necessity to survive. However, I worry that it may become one of the many martial arts and get stuck in time. Is KM modified from time to time? Does it get feedback from the battle field? Does it get input from other experts such as military people from other countries and martial artists?

I notice (from U tubes) that KM uses a lot of boxing and kicking. It is a strike system, understandably because Imi was a boxer.
    Is there no scope for KM to embrace more grappling techniques such as in Moni’s style? (Thought I should at least mention his name since I am on this thread).

joseph-l

Morkravi

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Really appreciate your time and input.

Is there a web site that explains the principles of Imi?

For avoidance of doubt, my deal with self defence is very simple – for my own fitness and ability to get out of trouble and go home. I have passed my mid-thirties and don’t intend to be a commando or super martial artist.

I did boxing as a teenager, then had nothing to do with martial art for a long time, until recently when violent crimes have increased around me.

I admire KM because of its pragmatism and its birth as a result of necessity to survive. However, I worry that it may become one of the many martial arts and get stuck in time. Is KM modified from time to time? Does it get feedback from the battle field? Does it get input from other experts such as military people from other countries and martial artists?

I notice (from U tubes) that KM uses a lot of boxing and kicking. It is a strike system, understandably because Imi was a boxer.
    Is there no scope for KM to embrace more grappling techniques such as in Moni’s style? (Thought I should at least mention his name since I am on this thread).

joe-chill

Yeah, that Avi Nardia…what a fraud! Him with his constantly training police, SWAT and U.S. Marshalls plus training units in Israel all the time, who does he think he is? Oh, and Moni was born in 1954.

simon

quote Joe Chill:

Yeah, that Avi Nardia…what a fraud! Him with his constantly training police, SWAT and U.S. Marshalls plus training units in Israel all the time, who does he think he is? Oh, and Moni was born in 1954.

Hi Joe

Welcome to the Official Krav Maga forums ñ Thanks for your first post, howís that agenda working out for you?

psyops

Funny,

True to form another “character” from “Gotham City” shows up to add to the mix. Nice. Anyways…….

There will never be any response from Moni regarding these questions about his prior service. Why? Because he knows others in Israel are watching closely. They are waiting for him to expose himself. So he is staying down. Very smart. CKM is not Krav Maga! You don’t have to like it. You can make all of the excuses and claims you want. CKM is what it is.

rick-prado

FWIW, Imi was a boxer and wrestler and I couldn’t disagree more when I see that “krav maga will get stuck in time.

We(IKMA) send instructors go to Israel yearly to learn the latest innovations with GM Gidon.

As far as youtube, do a search for GM Gidon and you will see that what he teaches is far more the a striking system and is constantly refining the techniques we use.

Ground work, standup, knife defenses, stick, it’s all there, u just have to look.

mara-jade

I also don’t see KM getting stuck in time either. In the four years I’ve been at my center, I’ve seen how moves I learned when I started have changed. Same end result, but a different way to approach it.

A great example – Up until last night, I couldn’t forward roll to save my life. Every instructor gave me a little tweak here and there, but using the technique I learned first, I couldn’t get it. I ALWAYS ended up in a side roll – seriously. My instructor Henry showed me a different way – I can FINALLY start perfecting it now that I can 1/2 way get therethumbsup

KM get stale?? Not hardly:wav:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Krav Maga stuck? Bah!

Just yesterday Kevin and I were Force training with one of Darrens oldest students who’s an LE instructor at the academy. As we were training he continually would say things like “initially we did it like this but we found that officers etc etc now we show it like this” “or typically suspects do this at this point so we adapted blah blah”

That’s called constantly evolving based on real life situations

vinman

quote CJs Dad:

Krav Maga stuck? Bah!

Just yesterday Kevin and I were Force training with one of Darrens oldest students whoís an LE instructor at the academy. As we were training he continually would say things like ìinitially we did it like this but we found that officers etc etc now we show it like thisî ìor typically suspects do this at this point so we adapted blah blahî

Thatís called constantly evolving based on real life situations

and this is what I like to hear ……thumbsup

psyops

Again the point has been missed!

When I emphatically say that CKM is not Krav Maga I am taking into account differences of opinion regarding techniques. However philosophically there has to be some resemblance of what Imi valued. I have seen these similarities from IKMA, IKMF, KMWW, and others. They are different but also the same. CKM does not resemble anything I have seen from any of the major Krav organizations. Can anyone else dispute this? If I am ignorant please help me understand.

morkravi

Joseph,

You posted a post on Moni’s website (ckm.com) entitled “Moni teaching krav maga in 1975” before you posted it here, where you added the same link that takes you to his old club’s training schedules, we first saw the post there before we saw it here and decided to reply. It seems that after we replied here and pointed out the inconsistency in the shcedule’s dates, Moni removed your post from his forum. I wonder why?

In reply to your question to me, you can easily find plenty of information on Imi and his principles on the internet, just do a search. I wish you the best with your training.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 309 total)
  • The topic ‘Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: