Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Common object defense against knife threat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack

This is just a little video I shot in order to test out our new camera. We still have to work out the bugs such as auto focus,sound and some issues with the file up load. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YnH9jeXC2I&feature=plcp

don

Re: Common object defense against knife threat

Good Stuff Sir, thanks for sharing!

I did notice some (a little) focusing/refocusing issues during the video…

catapult

Thanks Kevin! Good to see you posting videos again, I always learn a lot.

A tactical question, since you’re starting out of range of his knife and he’s not actively attacking. Is it better to use the distraction to move into range and strike or is it better to use it as a chance to beat feet with the Nike defense?

kevinmack

I cant answer that. Circumstances dictate tactics. There are so many variables that could lead you to one way or another.
    Do you have somewhere to run? Is your back up against the wall? Do you have a gun? Are their multiple attackers? Is he Puerto Rican? Are you alone? Is your wife or child with you?
    Thats a whole issue many dont think of. Most of us are married or have a boyfriend/girlfriend or kids yet we take our classes alone. When you decided to defend yourself you are also responsible for protecting the ones you are with and.or leading them away from the situation. Kicking and running becomes a lot harder when you have to drag your wife and child along with you and that slower pace could allow the attacker to catch up with you.
    But once again..I dont think any instructor could ever tell you what to do in black or white as I said circumstances dictate tactics.

kevinmack

Sorry..I just realized that the original link was dead since I deleted the orginal upload and replaced it with a new edited one. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j2hKA2uGPI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: