Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yayamac

I’m considering taking Krav Maga for Law Enforcement purposes, but unclear whether I should only attend the various seminars or start in their beginning classes and work my way through.

Will I get enough out of the regular classes as I start from scratch or should I wait to learn from the law enforcement specific seminars?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

bill-karn

yayamac,

It’s really up to you as you can go either route. Civilian Krav is very similar to what we teach our law enforcement people, minus the law enforcement specific stuff such as takedowns, arrest & control and weapon retention. Ideally, you could take both as your proficiency with civilian training would only help you with the law enforcement techniques when you trained in those.

In LE training we also get to things like weapon defenses much quicker than they do in civilian training because that is what our LE people need for the street. If you only train on the civilian side then you usually don’t see those techniques for some time into your training. So, if you have the time, I would suggest training in both programs to get both proficient at basic techniques plus training in some of the more advanced techniques that are very relevant to law enforcement personnel.

Just be aware that to do the LE training, you must be a sworn peace/police officer.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,

ffdo

I recomend doing both if you can. I get a lot out of the beginning classes but will also attend law enforcement seminars when my schedule allows. I will also recomend the Krav Maga Defense against an armed attacks book. If you have access to people willing to help learn and practice the techniques with you, you can learn a lot from them that is applicable to LE. (It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, make sure you use a red gun or some kind of inert training device.)

If you can afford it, the summer camp shown on the main web site looks like an outstanding investment for LEOs. I will be attending if I can scrape up the money.

I have found that Krav is the most applicable defensive system that I have tried to my law enforcement duties.

JC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: