Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Contact Combat in summer 2009 films

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    saruotoko

Okay, so I’ve now seen Star Trek and Terminator Salvation. The stunt sequences were fun and the hand-to-hand fighting was interesting.

You don’t have to answer this from a strict Krav Maga perspective, but were there any fight sequences in movies that have come out this year that do a good job of portraying reality-based fighting? i.e. not the “Hollywood” style of fighting.

Thoughts?

Mario

kirsten

Re: Contact Combat in summer 2009 films

“Taken” gets my vote… however I am not objective since I am madly in love with Liam. (shhhhhh, don’t tell One) 🙂

But I have to say on a more serious note, that is pretty nitty gritty in that movie. I loved it for that.

dirty-harry

It wasn’t a movie, but The Unit had a great fight between Mac and Tom Ryan at the end of a mission. That was a fantastic reality based fight and probably the best I have seen on screen. It was short, but brutal!

tech94

yea i liked that fight scene in The Unit too. also i believe in the last episode there was a fight scene between one of the operators (Whiplash) and a terrorist in the cemetary and the operator used an elbow destruction to destroy an incoming punch similar to what we use in pfs jkd as part of the RAT. i thought it was cool to watch and rewound the scene a couple times

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Dirty_Harry:

It wasn’t a movie, but The Unit had a great fight between Mac and Tom Ryan at the end of a mission. That was a fantastic reality based fight and probably the best I have seen on screen. It was short, but brutal!

Sam did the fight work in the end of that scene, the actor who plays Gen Ryan is Sams private client. Nice guy.

kvmorl

By the way is that episode shown here?

http://www.tv.com/The+Unit/show/33480/videos.html

Been wanting to see that show, keep forgetting to set dvr.

kirsten

quote kvmorl:

By the way is that episode shown here?

http://www.tv.com/The+Unit/show/33480/videos.html

Been wanting to see that show, keep forgetting to set dvr.

Cool, thanks for posting. I have never seen the show.

kvmorl

Dirty Harry & Tech94, do you know if the episode with the fight scene you guys talking about is on that site I posted tv.com

TV.com

quote :

Cool, thanks for posting. I have never seen the show.

Yep, it has many other shows with decent quality full screen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: