Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kvmorl

Source: CNN

Good reality check to train hard, very glad the kids and them walked away alive……

quote :

“BLUE MOUND, Texas (AP) — When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn’t think twice.

“It was like a horror movie,” Keith Hoehn says of the home invasion.
    2 of 2

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed the barrel of a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

“I wasn’t going to let them get to my babies,” she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children’s rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

“It was like a horror movie,” her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I thought I was a dead man. We’re fighting for our lives.”

With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon’s barrel, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. Kellie Hoehn knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.

Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, “Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him.”

Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.

“Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it,” Keith Hoehn said.

Dakota Scott Benoit, 20, of Richland Hills, was pronounced dead at a hospital. John Garland Pierson, 25, of Haltom City, was in critical condition and in police custody at the hospital.

“I am not happy that someone is dead,” Kellie Hoehn said. “But I am glad that my family is alive.”

Police said Pierson was shot in the left arm and the bullet pierced his diaphragm and other organs but his condition was improving. He will face charges of burglary of habitation with intent to commit another felony, police said.

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won’t be charged.”

thecrownsown

Re: Couple Defends home

I would have to say that knowing even the basics of Krav puts you in a mindset of “no, I’m not going to be a helpless victim.” I never like violent crime, and especially death on anyone. Thats someone’s life that never comes back….

But to be in that situation and feel helpless without any way to defend yourself….well….that would be worse.

mara-jade

Dang, how messed up is that. Glad the whole family made it.

parishd

One could debate the wisdom of grabbing the shotgun, but once she did, together they didn’t quit until they were safe. Now that’s the Krav Maga mindset.

nosborne

quote parishd:

One could debate the wisdom of grabbing the shotgun, but once she did, together they didn’t quit until they were safe. Now that’s the Krav Maga mindset.

I thought the Krav defence was to grab and control the weapon. Maybe just me, but it sounds like they did the right thing.

jamesh-d30

F***N Perfect!
    Good guys 1, bad guys -1. No mourning necessary.

resqr1

Stories like this give me…absolute joy and determination to continue training. The more these dirtbags become fertilizer, the better society will be. :woohoo::woohoo:

Let me see if I remember one of my favorite movie lines. “You have the right to remain…DEAD. You have the right to a coroner. GET IT?!!”

stevetuna

Great story!

At least one of those two Alpha Hotels is completely rehabilitated (rehabilitation through reincarnation…).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats a good story. Earlier I was looking on youtube specifically for videos of people defeating and/or killing the attacker. Sadly there were not enough, but there were a few. Better than none. I wish more could have the will to fight, the will to live.

I find it so sad that so many people want to live but so few will make sure they do in situations where they could have changed the outcome by little more than the will to survive.

As for killing another to save yourself or your loved ones… I dont believe in deserving to die, nor deserving to live. I dont believe in the “right” to anything. Only in what you can obtain and hold onto.

thecrownsown

quote JamesH:

F***N Perfect!
    Good guys 1, bad guys -1. No mourning necessary.

Dude….the guy is dead.. thats a big deal. The day a death isn’t…..scares me.

jamesh-d30

Dude, the guy made his choice and paid the ultimate consequence. No one forced him into that house to point a shotgun at that mom. I mourn the death of innocence, not of evil.

kvmorl

I think is more the fact the dead person could have easily been that mom/dad that is celebrated, specially the attacker lounged again after 1st shot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

good and bad, right and wrong, dead and alive. all points of relativity. like all things…

I mourn the death of innocence, not of evil.

Well, said. I don’t see James doing a Snoopy happy dance that a guy got killed, but he’s expressing a sense of well deserved justice against someone who made a choice to potentially harm another person for the sake of nabbing their stuff. Do you think the gunmen would mourn their victims? Not likely. And, in my experience, there truly are some people who just plain don’t deserve a second chance to cause harm to an innocent. Would you mourn an alligator that tried to eat your kid? Naw. You’d probably put a bullet through its skull as quick as you could pull the trigger, right? Same thing here, in my opinion. He meant them harm and he got what he deserved.

stevetuna

Yup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: