Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    thecrownsown

Re: Couple Defends home

I’m not saying that what happened wasn’t inevitable. And yes, the family was defending themselves. I’m not mourning the death of the criminal either. But it’s just all these comments I see on this forum kinda takes me aback a little. So much “rah rah…kill him, got what he deserves…evil people…”

I’m not trying to start an arguement, just a little freaked as a newby here, and the tone sometimes….. Death/Violent Crimes, etc. are a big deal. The “vengenful” approach I think takes away from the seriousness of the whole act.

When some low life tries to hurt someone, and in this case, there were even kids involved, then dead is just about what he/she deserves. I, for one, do not consider myself a heartless animal that shows apathy or snickers when someone dies. My innant humanity and empathy for others also demands justice when some monster attempts to harm innocent people. I’m sorry if that attitude bothers you, but I daresay with your reaction you probably haven’t seen the things I’ve seen.
    I also don’t want to turn this into a pissing match, so this will most likely be my last word on the subject.

jamesh-d30

(James get’s onto his soapbox briefly…)

Someone getting killed in the act of committing a violent crime while armed hardly qualifies as ‘vengeful’. Vengeance would be hunting him down after the fact and delivering justice yourself, or taking the gun away and shooting him in the back as he ran. No one here advocates revenge but most of us advocate doing WHATEVER it takes to protect yourself and your family from people such as these. Second guessing yourself under these circumstances can get you and your family killed. What if the homeowner had hesitated when the gunman charged back at him? What if he felt that taking a life was too serious for him? His decision NOT TO SHOOT would likely have caused his own death and that of his family.

Death is a big deal, violent crimes are a big deal, and protecting your family from shotgun wielding assailants is a big deal. If YOU were forced to choose…what would you do?

The act they perpetrated was very serious, as was the outcome. But if you go into someone elseís house armed with a shotgun you’d better be both prepared to use it and prepared to die.

The reason you see comments such as these on this forum is because Krav Maga is also very serious, and most of the people who have chosen to train in Krav Maga have made a conscious choice to arm themselves with the knowledge and ability to take control of their lives under deadly conditions. We realize that if someone is bound and determined to enter your home, while you are in it, armed to the teeth, then they are more than willing to take your and your family’s lifeís. You then have 2 choices; submit and bet your future on the moral sanctity and respect of the scumbag, or defend yourself and your loved ones as best you can.

Finally (and this too will be my last words on the subject so as not to turn this into a morality debate) statements like Ataraxic89 made: ìgood and bad, right and wrong, dead and alive. all points of relativity. like all things…î scare the bejesus out of me. Itís that kind of moral relativism that causes people to not take personal responsibility for their own actions. Maybe it was sarcastic, but the truth is that many a college professor do their darndest to indoctrinate this countryís students with that belief. No one can sanely make the argument that John Couey molesting then killing Jessica Lunsford by burying her alive in trash bags is not evil, bad, and a wrong act (read for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Couey). It is NOT, and should never be, relative. Now THERE is one man that when dead, I WILL be gladly do a snoopy dance on his grave while pissing on his headstone.

(James not only stepping off his soapbox, but now putting away in the closet for another year)
    :soapbox:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do think that all things, on the grand scale, are relative. However, I don’t condone those things that are unacceptable in society. I do not agree with anarchy which is the absence of civilization in the presence of a mass populous. I don’t think its okay to violate laws and the “rights” of another, but personally I don’t consider the action “evil” or “wrong” merely… not good for a stable society.

People say “killing is wrong” which is bull because they only are truly referring to a select group. They’re family? They’re towns people? They’re country?

Im not saying you should go ’round killing people for fun. I’m just saying accept the fact that all morals are relative to the individual.

People always say that they are nothing like that but they dont know how short a distance you have to fall to do things that you do or used to think were wrong. A loving father can be an abusive drunk. What if he were simply a little too drunk this time.. threatened a person? a wife? pushed her? I know If a drunk person pushed my wife I’d not care why or what he was like sober. I might not kill him but he wouldnt be awake much longer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: