Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

I saw a video on the news where a guy armed with a blowtorch tried to rob a gas station. The clerk pulled out some sort of crazy looking club (looked like a wooden version of a big knife- like a bolo or kukri) and started to beat the man and chase him outside. I couldn’t find a link- I fiugred if I threw it out there, someone would pull up a clip in a few days.

Giantkiller- has the blowtorch defense been discussed before?

anonymous

Blowtorch, that’s excellent, let’s discuss!! 😀

anonymous

I guess it would be similar to rifle. How far does the torch fire? If fire is coming out, hmmmmm, just run or throw stuff probably. Or a bystander could do a third party defense.

clfmak

It was the kind of blowtorch that’s basically a fuel canister with a short angled nozzle with a flame that shoots a few inches. Not a very good weapon for robbing a store (not a good weapon for anything but torture). Defending against it would be more like a knife than a rifle.

jarcher

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Blowtorch, that’s excellent, let’s discuss!! 😀

Firehose? Water bucket? Throw some gasoline at the attacker?

sunnysd

If I was behind a counter like this clerk was, I would want to throw hot coffee in their face (Spicoli in Fast Times @ Ridgemont High!),pepper spray, or a good old fashioned club like that guy had. I wouldn’t want to try a disarm of any kind from behind a counter, against a blowtorch. If you get around the counter, and you’re in a store like that you can toss candy, batteries, whatever’s handy in the perp’s face to distract him, then a front defensive kick to create distance, then get out of there.

Or, if you have a club like that guy did you could chase him like a madman into the parking lot, and use an injection molded chair to smash the villain’s windshield, like he did.

Any tradesmen on this board that can shed some light on this? If I do a front defensive kick and make \”any\” contact with a torch that can cut steel, will I lose my leg, or will incidental contact in the act of kicking be fairly harmless? CLFMack pointed out this was a fairly low key blowtorch, but aren’t there some that can do some real damage?

You have to hand it to this clerk, like we do in Krav he made use of available weapons, but throwing the club while at a dead run didn’t seem to be very effective.

BTW the clerk in question is a distant acquaintance of mine, I am withholding his name, but I will say he is from the Soloman Islands. He is about 5\”10, weighs around 220 pounds and is not fat. The last I knew he was freelancing as a bouncer for strippers at bachelor parties, etc., and has worked at that gas station for around a decade. Easygoing person, but I was not surprised that he chased the robber like that.

g-v

The Spicoli defense is to use the bong as a club, Sunny. 😆

sunnysd

😆

anonymous

Didn’t see the video (no DSL 😥 ), but if he had a stick, he definitely should have used it to beat the guy.

Did they catch the robber? I wonder what he was thinking, was that really the best weapon he could come up with?

sunnysd

Here’s the video, Giantkiller if you get a chance to see it

http://video.fox6.com/launcher/136509/?Category_ID=5

Definitely shows how \”range\” of a stick or club can be a huge advantage!

I think the robber is still at large, frankly I think he’s lucky to not be in the hospital

rafycoller

Re: Crazy robbery video

I heard that it was a gasoline attack! Could a recent episode of “Breaking Bad” have affected a recent bold robbery in Indiana, in which a man made off with 2,100 gallons of gasoline? Or were the parallels just a coincidence?

don

quote rafycoller:

I heard that it was a gasoline attack! Could a recent episode of “Breaking Bad” have affected a recent bold robbery in Indiana, in which a man made off with 2,100 gallons of gasoline? Or were the parallels just a coincidence?

http://downloadpolitics.com/showthread.php?53896-Another-white-victim-Police-Man-doused-with-gasoline-set-on-fire-in-vacant-lot& post #9

Spammer or Bot or just a coincidence?

maddogmean

I believe the defense is called The Reinhold.

eddiep-d57
    Blocked

Police in Indiana are looking for a male who, pretending to be a delivery motorist made off with 2,100 gallons of gas in a bold daylight robbery. Some aspects of the burglary were reminiscent of a recent episode of “Breaking Bad.” You can pay for your gas with a personal finance.

I’m curious about this… Where can I view the video? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: