Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Criticall Test for 911 Dispatch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

Hello,

I have a Critcall test on Monday for a 911 dispatch job. Has anyone been through this test? I can’t seem to find much information online.

kirsten

Re: Criticall Test for 911 Dispatch

Well, I am dual certified with Comm and EMD- but like LE, there is not much to standardize testing. So the brand of the test may vary but it is essentially going to test your abilty to multi-task. You usually wear headphones and are given information to process and put into a computer. You will need to not only “triage” what info goes in first, but how well you handle multi-tasking, the stress of all the information coming at you and remain calm.

Take it as it comes to you, and don’t let them see you sweat. You won’t find actual details online about it, that would defeat the purpose of the test. If you want to practice, I would turn on the tv, the radio and your computer word document. Then pick up on both of the topics (use talk radio) and begin typing about both of the topics in your computer into two different columns. This will help your “split ear” that you either have or don’t, but if you have it- you will improve it.

Hope that helps and good luck. Let us know how it goes.

happyloaf

I don’t know how I’m going to do on it. I think I can multitask and focus on two things at a time (I just finished my Masters in chemistry and realized I hate the lab but it did involve multitasking since I had 2-3 things going on at all times). My only worry is the spelling portion of the exam. I rely on spell check if I spent a few weeks I could learn all the common words that I misspell.

kirsten

Well that’s awesome, congrat’s on finishing your Masters! Don’t stress over spelling too much. You will use alot of abbreviated words once you start using CAD since there isn’t a lot of room to put info into a call. Not to mention you will be typing the same stuff over and over again, “RP 13 cows out of fence, obstructing traffic” or in your case “RP 1 large gator in road” lol

Just don’t get flustered, no matter what happens… stay calm and ACT like you know what your doing. Because regardless of it all, you can teach a monkey to do the job- but you can’t teach a monkey to keep its cool, stay in control and be confident when the shiznit hits the fan. That’s a gift those guys have that can’t be taught, show them you have it.

happyloaf

Thanks. This is a major departure from what I’ve done the last 8 years (professional student) but I relized after 4 years in the lab that I HATE working in labs and wanted to try something different for a few years while I debate my next move (thinking medical school but that would be 2 years out).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: