Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Defense against arm lock behind back?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    magpie

Over the holidays, I was watching A CHRISTMAS STORY and there was a scene where a bully cranked a kid’s arm behind his back to make him say “Uncle”. Is there a KM defense against this kind of arm lock?

kmky

Re: Defense against arm lock behind back?

for what it is worth – assuming that they have my left arm i would #3 elbow with right, step out with my right leg so my left hip is pointed towards the assailant and side kick the knee, or continue the pivot so i can do a wrist release and groin kick.

don

The lie-there-like-a-slug defense should be standard curriculum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2l6RnWM2tU

Hard to tell what the bully is doing with his other hand. Is a groin shot available? How about a rear head butt? Does the victim have room to roll forward and out?

kevinmack

yes..its a defense against a police hold in green belt

don

quote KevinMack:

yes..its a defense against a police hold in green belt

Defense against a “police hold”? WTF? Is that the way it’s listed in the curriculum? Call me anal, a nitpicker, or overly sensitive but IMnshO, no Krav organization or school should be teaching defenses against police Anything. Call it a defense against a behind the back twisting arm lock or something…

kevinmack

Yes it is listed that way. BUt remember there were no seperated LE divisions,VIP or military sections at that time. The original curiculum that Darren and my instructor Alan taught from included all those things. For instance bayonet vs bayonet is in brown belt.
    For what its worth these holds are antiquated and based on jiu jitsu holds so escapes for them have been out in the ether for decdes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: