Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Defense from a rear naked choke while standing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    vwr32

Re:

[quote:1cad543d8d=\”Ryan\”] I didn’t take any \”official KM stance\”, whatever that means [/quote:1cad543d8d]

Um, it means u’re on a KM board, with the title of instructor telling people that maybe u could do this or that or something else lol. i do like the application of \”hey u’re never doomed in any situation!\”, but find it somewhat unrealistic.

I referred to the book because it is an official position on the matter when discussing Krav Maga. We’ll agree to disagree. 8)

ryan

As you were posting, I was \”softening\” my post. 🙂

I am speaking for me. Just because I’m a KM instructor doesn’t mean I operate from a manual. The truth is, the situation will dictate the response, and to think otherwise is a failure in training methodology.

By the way, I’ve been assisting a KM course this week, in which the lead instructor, a guy who’s \”been there, done that\” more than probably anyone I know, taught the defense/tactics I mentioned. Take that for what you will.

I find your approach defeatist in nature. Now, I’ll agree to disagree. 😀

vwr32

Re:

[quote:1727428509=\”Ryan\”]As you were posting, I was \”softening\” my post. 🙂

I am speaking for me. Just because I’m a KM instructor doesn’t mean I operate from a manual. The truth is, the situation will dictate the response, and to think otherwise is a failure in training methodology.

By the way, I’ve been assisting a KM course this week, in which the lead instructor, a guy who’s \”been there, done that\” more than probably anyone I know, taught the defense/tactics I mentioned. Take that for what you will.

I find your approach defeatist in nature. Now, I’ll agree to disagree. :D[/quote:1727428509]

rofl, I can live with that. 😆
    And don’t feel the need to soften the post… I can take what I dish out. 😀

ryan

Yeah, but I’m trying to be a kinder, gentler…ah, hell, who am I kidding?

If you’re ever in the NC area, come see us.

vwr32

Re:

[quote:77356a417a=\”Ryan\”]Yeah, but I’m trying to be a kinder, gentler…ah, hell, who am I kidding?

If you’re ever in the NC area, come see us.[/quote:77356a417a]

rofl

For now, all I have is what I’ve trained in, the krav book, and the knowledge that the only ppl to escape the rnc in any mma fight I’ve seen are the ones where the guy acted fast enough to avoid the choke being fully sunk in. The ones that didn’t react fast enough weren’t defeatist, just defeated. 8)

Thank you for the invite… I wouldn’t hesitate to train with anyone here that I’ve met so far based on the testimonials from ppl who get to meet others. I’m still new to all this, so if I find a different, better way I’d be the first to adopt it.

ryan
    quote :

the knowledge that the only ppl to escape the rnc in any mma fight I’ve seen are the ones where the guy acted fast enough to avoid the choke being fully sunk in.

Okay, see, now I have to respond. 😛

MMA fights, while moderately relative, cannot be the measuring stick. Outside of sport, I may use small joint manipulation, bites, eye gouges, groin strikes/grabs/pulls, hair pulls, headbutts, environment, weapons (improvised or other), element of surprise, size (no weight classes), et al.

Look, I’ve noted, several times, that this is a VERY CRAPPY PLACE TO BE. I have no delusions of grandeur, I’m not anti-MMA, and there are no magic pills. It is, of course, preferable to defend early, and if you’re late, you have a hell of a fight on your hands (and you still may lose, but that’s the case with ANY violent encounter.) However, it’s simply not true that the hold is unbeatable.

ryan

BTW, I know of situations where LEOs applied RNCs to suspects, who feigned unconsciousness, only to start fighting once the hold was released. Where there’s a will…

vwr32

Re:

[quote:4a0ab7dc32=\”Ryan\”] Okay, see, now I have to respond. 😛 [/quote:4a0ab7dc32]

lol.. you really don’t. 😆

I swear we are talking about two different scenarios.

But u’re right… anything is possible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRtAa3lL0aQ

lotar

My post stated , IF APPLIED CORRECTLY !!! and if applied correctly you are in shit state , forget plucking stomping etc, you are unconsious in about 6 secs.

WTF has a rear naked choke defense got to do with multiple gun dissarms 🙄

Maybe you should visit my school 😉

Craig.

lotar

The only REALISTIC!! defense from this choke is a hip throw, the attacker may release the choke, but if they know what there doing, they will just keep the choke on.

Craig

A defense from a standing RNC is all fine and well, but is there any defense from La Revancha’s five point palm death technique? 😯

ryan

Craig, I extend the same invitation to you. BTW, Rich D. has been to my place.

Also, throws were mentioned as an option, and six seconds is an eternity in a violent encounter (though I contend that this number is arbitrary, since many variables come into play.) You can \”if the person knows what they are doing\” all you want, but it ignores the realities of violent encounters. How are they training? Are they learning the RNC as part of a BJJ class, where they are subjected to BJJ escapes? Are they learning to apply them under stress? Are they training on mats only? I could go on and on, but I’m certain it’ll fall on deaf ears.

Regardless, you continue to teach your students they are doomed, and I’ll continue to give my students options. I can live with that.

clfmak

Re:

quote \”Jeremy Stafford\:

A defense from a standing RNC is all fine and well, but is there any defense from La Revancha’s five point palm death technique? 😯

Just lift one big toe and point the other one down:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_qg5d1YGI

lotar

Hi Ryan,

Thats great you had Rich at your club, we last trained with him 1 month ago.
    What a cool guy 8)
    Anyway I think we will have to disagree on this RNC thing , but you are genuinely welcome to come train with us if your ever in the UK mate.
    It would be cool to exchange ideas, but perhaps no chokes 😆

Craig.

http://www.kapapsheffield.co.uk

vwr32

Re:

[quote:da6742f217=\”CLFMak\”]
    Just lift one big toe and point the other one down:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_qg5d1YGI[/quote:da6742f217]

Aw man, my secret is out. 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: