Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    methmetal

The other day some stupid mentalcase up and shot one of my favorite guitarplayers. This happened while Dimebag was playing on stage. He was shot in the face at pointblank range five times. The shooter also killed and wounded others before he was shot and killed by a police officer. This is the unexpected violence that Krav Maga is supose to train us for? I doubt little could have been done by Dimebag. The others were also quite helpless. This is such a waste of wonderful lives. I wonder how this could of been taken care of in a different manner; metal detectors, pat downs, more security….I just don’t know. Rest in peace, Dimebag; we love you, bro.

brogers

Re: Dimebag Darrel

quote \”methmetal\:

The other day some stupid mentalcase up and shot one of my favorite guitarplayers. This happened while Dimebag was playing on stage. He was shot in the face at pointblank range five times. The shooter also killed and wounded others before he was shot and killed by a police officer. This is the unexpected violence that Krav Maga is supose to train us for? I doubt little could have been done by Dimebag. The others were also quite helpless. This is such a waste of wonderful lives. I wonder how this could of been taken care of in a different manner; metal detectors, pat downs, more security….I just don’t know. Rest in peace, Dimebag; we love you, bro.

we still are not fully informed about the shooters mental state It Is a terrible tragedy for sure but all of the martial arts and Krav maga practitioners in the world cant stop these deranged people from harming others It Is very sad

anonymous

There was obviously no video of this attack, so we can only guess at what exactly happened, but you said he was shot at pointblank range. So the gun was right in front of him? If so, had he known Krav Maga, it’s possible he might have been able to react and do a gun defense. Of course, would have been harder with a guitar around his neck, but maybe he could have been able to succeed. Do we know when or if he saw the gun before he was shot? Obviously you can’t defend what you don’t see, no matter what system you train in.

Even if Dimebag woulld have been shot before anyone realized what was happening, the other victims might have been saved if someone close to the shooter would have known third party protection defenses (similar to take-away for gun from the side). That person could have potentially disarmed the gunman before he would have been able to shoot any more people. I don’t know how long it took for the police to get there, but I’m sure some time passed before they were able to and if the gunman would have been disarmed shortly after the first shots were fired it could have obviously saved several lives.

So, I do believe knowing Krav Maga could have made a difference. At least it would have given the people in the club a better shot at surviving the situation than they had without knowing any kind of defense.

methmetal

Dimebag….

I have learned more information about the shooting. The shooter had snuck through the back of the club and past security. Maybe if some of these guys were trained in Krav Maga or some other form of martial art, they would not have let him slip by and shoot all those people. Too bad….what a waste of lives. Rock on, Dimebag and those who died……METH.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: