Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Do you carry a pocket knife?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

24-7 since I was a kid …

My current favorite:

http://www.countryknives.com/store/assets/product_images/CR7914DSF.jpg

Why can’t we post pix here???

clfmak

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

24-7 since I was a kid …

My current favorite:

http://www.countryknives.com/store/assets/product_images/CR7914DSF.jpg

Can you snag the ridge on the spine on your pocket for a fast opening?

kravjeff

Yes – Actually one of the selling points …

I don’t actually have it set up that way (have to switch the position of the clip so it’e \”upside down\”) but I’ve tried it, and can have it deployed by the time it’s out of my pocket.

It’s a CRKT \”Desert Cruiser\” … I know the brand isn’t that popular among enthusiasts, but I have three or four different forlders plus a fixed blade and love every one of them – Especially for the price.

giant-killer

I think you can post pix. I know someone did it once long ago, but I have no idea how it works.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

BBCode is off.

kravjeff

Uhhh … Where’s the switch for that? 😉

Turn it back on! 😀

vt-hokie

Benchmade 942 (Osborne design) for me, every day.

h2h

Emerson/ Hilton Yam M-wave..full serration….use it as a tool or for emergency purposes ( ie cutting seat belt or when SHTF).

kravjeff

All of my folders have partiallly (half) serrated blades. I know there are camps for and against serrated blades, but I never understood why, or heard any pros and cons (just lots of opinions) … I prefer both because, well sometimes I need one, sometimes the other. Any thoughts on why some are so \”anti-serration?\”

clfmak

I prefer an unserrated blade because they’re easier to sharpen. Having said that, one of the knives I carry regularly has a five inch serrated blade. It cuts through everything like butter, but I’m not looking forward to sharpening it.

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

I prefer an unserrated blade because they’re easier to sharpen. Having said that, one of the knives I carry regularly has a five inch serrated blade. It cuts through everything like butter, but I’m not looking forward to sharpening it.

😆

I’ve actually never sharpened the serrated portion of any of my blades … 😳

Have read that it’s not too difficult using a fine, round jewler’s type file.

smokelaw1

I have sharpened serrations on a spyderco and on a cheap knife. The cheap steel did not do very well, but the spyderco did fine. I used a sharpmaker, and was very, very careful.

kravjeff

Smokelaw – Did you use any type of magnification? What size file (or is the \”sharpmaker\” specific to serrated knoives)?

Thanks

full-force

I carry a Buck Tactical Knife most of the time

smokelaw1

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

Smokelaw – Did you use any type of magnification? What size file (or is the \”sharpmaker\” specific to serrated knoives)?

Thanks

Sorry, didn’t see your question. I did not use any magnification during the process, but did check out the blade a few times to check for any burr or false edge. This I did with low magnification.
    The Sharpmaker is spyderco’s sharpening system. It is not specific to serrated, it actually works much better on plain edges. Because the serrations were stillpretty good, I really lightly used the medium stones and then the fine stones a number of times. It takes longer, but removes so much less steel, I was less likely to mess anything up.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below:
Fill out my online form.