Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Done With Self-Defense

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alamocitykid

After much thought, I finally came to the conclusion that my 71 year old body just doesn’t recover well from the pounding from the likes of Mara Jade, so I have decided to confine my activities to KM fitness classes. During the last 5 years I have had a lot of fun, including participating in seminars with Mr. Levine and John Whitman, as well as working out with Kelly and Tina at L.A. Summer Camp.

I still would like to travel to Israel and do some workouts there, especially with that psycho woman featured in “Fight Quest.” In the meantime I will spend my time at twice a week bag classes and twice a week kettlebell classes at Pete’s place. I’ll still get to workout with MJ and her hubby in those classes, as well as spending more time on my other martial art–handgunning.

mara-jade

Re: Done With Self-Defense

Hey Alamo!

I can totally understand where you’re coming from. Some of just don’t bounce as well after a time. Hubby and I are still doing KM but for now focusing on the fitness class mainly. To even THINK of testing for Level 4 (and I ain’t thinking of it muchrofl2) this weight has got to come off. While I haven’t gained much, keeping it made my level 3 test harder.

Nice seeing you in class:wav:

Big congrats on climbing Mt Kilamanjaro (yes, that’s what I said folks) – that’s a big accomplishment!

Wow, and I thought I was a KM senior citizen…

That takes the cake & then some. Amazing.

I definitely can relate in the stamina & recovery areas.

Fwiw the extreme instructor from Fight Quest (Avivit Cohen) is a KM instructor for kids, if you can believe it..as well as a high school phys ed teacher (day job):

http://www.kravmagafederation.com/schools.php?school=24

unstpabl1

Stating krav at 66 and still kicking azz…AWESOME…doing the krav fitness classes still keeps up the Sd skills and is still HARDCORE…Keep it up:woohoo:

kravmdjeff

Alamocity, first, congrats on a job well done so far!!! Many people would never have started, much less put all the diligent effort you have so far.

Second, I just got to participate in some training in San Antonio. The staff and the facility there are primo, so I hope you realize how blessed you are to have them available!

Third, have you considered doing private training, in which you’d still be able to train the self-defense techniques, but at a pace that would keep you injury free? Just a thought…one that some of my students have gone with when the mixed classes seem to be too much.

alamocitykid

Jeff: I am giving consideration to doing some private training. I may return to self-defense doing that. Thanks for the idea.

future-swat

The fact that your still doin this stuff at 71 is impressive to me.Keep at it whatever you decide to venue into.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: