Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Elbows Rubbed Raw = OUCH!! Please Help

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jl

elbow

silc

we have no one in our class with elbow rash. are you close enough to the target? are you landing the blow approx. two inches from the tip? are you using your hips? are you keeping your forearm tucked tight to the body? check the technique again to make sure you are in the right form. just MO 🙂

anonymous

Thanks CLFMak! I’ll try this. Sounds like something that would work well in groundfighting.

thor

Dude, you just have sensitive GIRLIE skin.

JUST LIKE ME!!!

Don’t worry about it, the girls like it. Wear pads a lot, get some long sleeved shirts or just get those elbow protectors they sell in every sports store. Then smack the first guy that makes fun of you with an elbow in the ribs. 😆

I was in a class once where the spec ops instructors were really going into elbows. If you have that easily ripped skin make sure you stick the elbow instead of graze. You can use the graze very effectively when elbowing someone in the head. It’ll cut the skin VERY FAST and produce a lot of blood very fast!! Any other part of the body you just stick it.

solip

Might I also humbly suggest washing hands and arms after class… I was in a class once where we were working on bear hugs and we were mixing it up, changing partners a lot during a drill and I wrapped my arms around a large sweaty guy and got a huge rash all over my arms a little later…

clfmak

Giantkiller: that’s actually a very effective strike in groundfighting, basically because you can drop into it from a top position. But in most types of groundfighting (at least what I do) we grapple without striking. So, you can’t drop the elbow point into the body, but you can use it to grind down onto the opponent without striking.
    Anyway, that type of motion is actually more similar to a dropping elbow where you are attacking straight down from a standing position (maybe against a low grapple attempt). The straight spearing motion is not quite the same, and is not quite as useful in groundfighting. It is useful in upright or kneeling grappling, though. If you’re in a clinch with a little bit of space in between (like a wrestling lock up or judo position) and your opponent goes in for a throw, you can sometimes poke your elbow into the chest to create just enough space to avoid it and cause some pain. I’m experimenting right now with using the elbow in htis way to help takedowns or throws similar to how you can use your head or shoulder to apply pressure- the problem is that if you do this you only have one arm to throw, but on the plus side you can keep a hand/arm up for defense. It works okay sometimes if you scoop their lead leg with your lead arm and then use the other elbow to drive their upper body back at the chest. I was experimenting with this with a training partner onto a throw mat, and when I tripped onto him I made sure to move the elbow, but if you wanted to it would be quite painful to land on them with the point.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: