Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHQnfq7o3A

I like the general idea with the kick defenses (though as with the other techniques they demonstrated I found myself wondering why they weren’t stomping the crap out of the attacker since in no way did the threat seem effectively neutralized.) The other cool one to me was their version of our level 1 headlock from the side, which we actually did in 3/4 last week. After my initial skepticism, to my pleasant surprise I found I really dug that variation, though probably would never think to use it in a street situation unless the fight’s momentum shifted that way for whatever reason.

As for everything else…not so much IMHO (for me at least, and I assume most average krav students), though I would obviously never want to be in a scrap with anyone from that video.

Last thought. The video’s almost 20 years old. If anyone knows (and I certainly don’t), I’m wondering if BJJ as a system and/or Gracie Academy has reconsidered any of their self-defense theories due to the increased prevalence of Krav/RBSD since the video was made. (Similar to how the various orgs of Krav all updated their ground game due to the increased prevalence of BJJ/MMA.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: