Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    calicogirl

End of class fun drills – what are your favorites?

kpalena

locked arm sit-ups, random attack drills, anything that makes you push beyond \”competition\” level. Survival is where it gets interesting.

determined

the one where we close our eyes and stand in the middle of the room while we’re attacked with all chokes and bear hugs. really keeps you on your toes and shows how sloppy we can really be when surprised.

anonymous

Yes, being attacked by different people, with different weapons from different angles, so you can train your vision and work on your reaction time.

david-b

We don’t do any end of class drills, and I kind of feel like I’m missing out on some fun!

Kind of in the same area, how strict are your instructors about ending class on time? Our classes are scheduled for an hour, but it’s the last thing of the day, so we usually go any where from an hour to almost two. The only bad thing is when you think you’re about to collapse and look at the clock to see if you’re going to make it, you have really no idea how much longer we’ll go.
    Wait, that’s not a bad thing…

kravmdjeff

On the issue of ending on time: When I’m teaching class and I think I’ll be running over, I tell people that if they need to leave, no problem, but those who can stay should stay.

As far as end of class drills, it depends on what we’re working on that day. The instructors at our facility usually try not to do torturous calisthenics just for fun…we try to connect it into what techniques we’ve covered that day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: