Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military For cops only please…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

Hello, do police or sheriff agencies hire 40 year old people. Or is it way too late for me.
    I am 36 now and may consider as a second career about joining a law enforcement agency but I do not think anybody would hire a 39-40 year old male.
    I should be great in Krav Maga in 3 yrs at least, and I train in other martial arts. Never shot a gun before but I have time lol. I am thinking about joining in 3 yrs but I am considered my age will hinder me.

Thank you. David.

I think I read that Sheriff agencies can sometimes hire older but not sure.

don

Re: For cops only please…

Depends on the agency/department – hiring requirements vary. IMO, Age itself is not a negative BUT sometimes things that go along with Age can make it tough. I’ve seen both great and horrible older people in LE. Starting late usually impacts your retirement benefits…

znikez

I am a 27 yr vet of Seattle PD. Although we are not currently hiring because of budgets, will be hiring next year in ’12. Age is not a factor in our hiring process. We have hired 20+ yr military vets, and numerous ppl changing careers. We do extensive background checks – one very important question you will be asked – why the career change, and why law enforcement – when the time comes – if you haven’t put in significant time and effort in learning what LE entails ie – research, ride alongs, LE reserve programs, LE classes at night (and if any and all the above was available and you chose not to participate) you have chosen the wrong path and spared yourself from a very rigorous hiring process.

kravnovice69
    Blocked

W-w-what’s happening forum?
    The name’s Sem Phillips, and I’m a Marshall Officer. I recently gave this chick the 60 seconds treatment and i raped my kitten, Bamby. I popped her cherry. It tasted like pork.

1bluesky

Departments do hire older people, stay in shape, educate yourself in everyway possible and go for it. I think having life experience is a trait departments look for.
    Good luck!

So yeah like i think Mara_Jade is the hottest joo i’ve ever seen. Her nose is only 73inches long, instead of the routine jew range of 79inches. (which is still a lot =P)

prestojo

As long as you are in decent shape, many departments will value your maturity and life experinces ove a young, gung ho recruit who may be looking to use the department as a stepping stone (and there a bunch of those guys and gals out there).

john-jolly
    Blocked

For cops only please we will be accomplish a remarkable growth and be profitable ideas remember one would raise confidence overnight. Also, bring a remarkable growth for best accomplishment so we will be happy for best outcomes.

hipper
    Blocked

i also agree with you…if you haven’t put in significant time and effort in learning what LE entails ie – research, ride alongs, LE reserve programs, LE classes at night (and if any and all the above was available and you chose not to participate)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: