Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Front & Back Roll Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

This is the second time this year that our class has practiced rolls.Both times ,I have strained my back.The instructor says that proper technique in rolls will reduce back strain since you are more evenly spreading your weight in the roll.I did do a little better this time then the first time.

The problem is,until I get this technique nailed down,I can anticipate my problem-prone lower back acting up again.Now I have to miss another class till my back quiets down again.bummer.

chguise

Have you started from the kneeling position? This should help with the technique and lower risk of hurting yourself. Kind of like the way fallbreaks are taught.

I had a terrible time with rolls, but the problem was with my shoulder. I finally had to practice, by myself for a couple weeks. After I got them the shoulder pain went away and my fellow instructors stopped needling me about it.

chris

scn

Hey,

I still HATE doing rolls in class. I’ve practiced and have had the same problems as both of you guys. What has helped me for the forward roll has been to focus pushing off with my forward leg. The trailing leg basically just follows the momentum of your body. My back/shoulders hurt less.

Hope this helps.

la-revancha

Do you train on mats, puzzle mats, carpets, wood, or concrete?

Rolling on mats are easiest. I had to roll a long time on mats before I could pull it off conifident on more unforgivng surfaces. I still knick my pelvis every now and then when practicing on wood or concrete.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: