Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Full speed/contact sparring?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    j-frank

At what level of KM is a student allowed to participate in full speed, full contact sparring? Is this type of sparring offered regularly at most schools?

emil

can’t speak for other schools. at ours, most students can start intro to fight class after about 20 classes. after they learn basic defenses and movement and full speed light to medium contact sparring, they can choose to transition to fight class with full speed full contact sparring.

kravron

At my school we start basic sparring in level 1 or 2. Then we get into the full contact/speed stuff more in level 3. This is to ensure that people learn the basics (ie. What a punch/kick/roundhouse/uppercut) look like in order to defend against them. As we progress we add more…as we add more it gets more and more intense.

Keep in mind though during my level 2 test our very last round of sparring and the last 5 mins of the test were \”Start on your knee’s, anything goes\” 1 min rounds with 5 other people. Yippeee!

dkst

I love this question, I often suggest you go to fight night, pair off with some one say in level 4 and let them know you want to go all out.

Once you have been beat to the ground, punched, kicked, taken down, maybe even put in a submission hold, you will see why you don’t want to do that right away.

There are 3 levels of fight, intro, fight 1 and fight 2, at least that is what I’ve been told.

The one thing that I always have to remind myself in intro to fight is that I’m sparring guys that are trianed to fight. It is hard to get good punches in, I spend a lot more time blocking and trying to counter. As you spend more time in KM you will learn how to block, then counter, and then counter their counter, it goes on and on.

j-frank

What type of protective gear is used?

konrad109

Cup, head gear, gloves, shin guards, and mouth guard.

ro
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: