Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Funny KM references in new \"24\" book

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Hey, just checked out the latest \”24\” book and found some more KM references in that one!

Most notably, there is a US Marshall by the name of \”Dan Pascal\”, quite reminiscent of our own \”Jon Pascal\”, head of the KM Force Training Division.

Then I recognized an \”Adam Cox\”, a prison guard in the book, who reminded me of \”Alan Cox\”, who used to teach at the NTC and then left to become a prison guard.

Jack also uses and alias of \”John Jimmo\”, which sounds like \”Jeff Jimmo\”, the guy often metioned here (haven’t trained with him).

Then there is \”A. Predolin\”, like \”Alan Predolin\”, head of KM Long Beach.

I also detected a great KM hair grab defense and there is some cool MMA stuff.

Just too bad the anarchical computer wizard/troublemaker didn’t go by the name of \”Giantkiller\”, it might have fit so well. But, I suppose, there is always the sequel… 😀

unstpabl1

Your just finishing John’s book now. You started it in Jan. You got some major sucking up to do.

giant-killer

Huh?? This one came out on May 28th. Bought it as soon as I got ’round to the bookstore, read it in a couple of days. What more could I do?

By the way, have YOU bought your copy yet? 🙂

unstpabl1

No I’m holding off for John and Darren’s Krav book. It has pictures so I’ll be able to read it.

Actually, I bought John’s book in late January to read at work. Just because John wrote it. Unfortunately, I bought it and then didn’t work for 4 months.. HHMMNn 😆 I got a gig that’ll go thru mid August, when the otherone starts. So I should be able to read it soon.

giant-killer

You need to be at work to read a book?? 😯 Reminds me of my days back at school, when the lesson would be boring and I’d read a little under my desk… 8)

Don’t worry about John’s book, though. No pictures, but you’ll get through it. It has really short chapters, matching your attention span… 😆 😆 😆

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

You need to be at work to read a book?? 😯 Reminds me of my days back at school, when the lesson would be boring and I’d read a little under my desk… 8)

Don’t worry about John’s book, though. No pictures, but you’ll get through it. It has really short chapters, matching your attention span… 😆 😆 😆

There is a lot of down time between shots and long hours. I’m standing in on something now, so virtually I sit waiting until I hear that I’m needed. The guy I’m covering may not be in every shot or may have hours between shots. I’m still there So the trick is to pay attention to whats going on at all times, yet keep yourself occupied

John’s book sounds perfect as its hard to concentrate on deep reading. So fun and quick, work for me.

Besides I’d hate work to get in the way of my entertainment

giant-killer

Well, you should get the new one then. Has some MMA stuff in it you may like.

Of course, the funny KM references won’t do anything for you, as you won’t recognize any of the names.

Glad you are working again. Maybe make some money to sign that KM contract soon? 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: