Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Gateway Krav Maga Test videos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    snakedoctor

Here are some videos from our belt test in December. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Foa8PmrTjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=munmQxyBcAo

mara-jade

Re: Gateway Krav Maga Test videos

Cool – gotta check those out tonight! Thanks!thumbsup

Are those tests to advance to Level 2 (orange belt)?

I haven’t taken mine yet but have heard its up to 4 hours long??

mara-jade

That’s what the video shows as a title. yeah, the tests can be long. I think ours was like 5 hours – cardio,then workshop then test.:):

vwr32

It seems tests vary from school to school. Good stuff in the vids

leejam99

it really depends on the workshop and the people taking the test. if all students are good to go and we don’t have to review stuff in detail…its shorter. if we have to take a lot of time going over each technique….it take a while…

James

vwr32

I see people talk about the “workshop” portion of the testing, and it just didn’t happen in our class… I’m kinda glad it didn’t to be honest. When we showed up for testing, we either knew the material or we didn’t. Warm up then test. I just knew I failed, but the instructors said I did good. Some people I expected to pass, didn’t.

For the test, my partner had tons of enthusiasm, but knew next to nothing when it came time to execute the drill. I felt some sort of cohort obligation to help him along, so I was talking him thru some drills (discretely, as best I could…. it was better than letting him stand there clueless I thought). Once I told him what to do, he’d execute it fine….. but he didn’t pass. In hindsight I shouldn’t have helped him, but the whole experience did reinforce the legitimacy of the program. We didn’t do it like the vids in this thread showed, but they look like they’d be excellent drills for a regular class too!

Can’t wait to get back to training….. cool beans. 🙂

kmky

We don’t really do a workshop either, we are expected to be ready to go when we get there for the test, and each test is different, some are more like the video and some aren’t. But, in the end, everyone is pushed beyond their comfort zone and if you pass you realize you have completed something of value. I have several degrees and none of them are on my walls, but my Krav belt certificates are framed and on the wall thumbsup

Great video by the way and congratulations to all the testers.

That was great, man.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: