Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Gear for the new students…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Re: Gear for the new students…

quote Tommaldinho:

Hi I’m new to Krav looking for some advice on footwear….Boxing boots or wrestling shoes ….or martial arts trainers?? Any suggestions /experience greatly appreciated!

Not sure about other schools, but I merely wear regular running sneakers. A few people in class wear those toe shoes that separate each toe, but I think that is because they do BJJ/sparring as well and don’t want to go barefoot. Sneakers are closer to what I’d be wearing in a real life situation.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Tommaldinho:

Hi I’m new to Krav looking for some advice on footwear….Boxing boots or wrestling shoes ….or martial arts trainers?? Any suggestions /experience greatly appreciated!

I have a pair of Asics wrestling shoes I like but I mostly train in Nike “free run”

dangerousdon

quote Tommaldinho:

I have tried a pair of regular old athletic shoes and had issues with stabilization. I kept on rolling my ankle. I have ankle issues anyway (have had a couple different procedures done to them). I now wear, and don’t laugh, a pair of minimus trail running shoes from New Balance. They have a zero drop and no heal cushioning, but they are light and keep you close to the ground making you more stable. Just what I like to wear.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: