Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Getting trained in KM whilst in the military

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    armitage

Hi all,

In a few weeks, I’ll be shipping off to the US Coast Guard Boot Camp (provided my medical check goes okay, which is on Monday, bu there shouldn’t be any problems hopefully!). After I’ve survived Boot Camp, got settled at my first posting etc, I want to look into options for training in Krav Maga. I’ve read that certain units in the USCG and other branches of the military have been trained in Krav Maga, some people have become instructors etc, and was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

ryan

Re: Getting trained in KM whilst in the military

Are you asking about getting certified to teach LEO/MIL? That’s done through the Force Training Division.

First things first, stop using “whilst” while in the Coasties……….You’re going to make them feel strange.

Seriously, What MOS are you going into? That’s what will probably drive your ability to train on duty.

armitage

I’d love to get trained as an instructor for LEO/military, but I’m not sure if I have the level of experience required for that. In terms of MOS, I’m going in undesignated (as a non-rate) so I can get my US Citizenship before picking one. I’m trying to decide between something more “Hands-on”, being part of a Marine Security team, or more behind the scenes in Intel etc. It’ll be easier to be an instructor if I’m more on the sharp end, like a Boarding Team, but I’ll see what the options are once I’m in.

Just got back from MEPS today btw – tired as hell from only 1 hour of sleep and getting poked and prodded in all orifices, and of course doing the infamous duck walk, but happy to have gotten through it!

Jeremy – I’m having to get used to the differences between Brit and US lingo…I’ve already confused the hell out of most of the recruiters I’ve spoken to!

It depends on where you’re stationed. I’m in the US Navy myself, and there is no HtH training for us shipboard types unless you happen to be in a rate/specialty that involves combat. You’ll either have to go to a civilian school (as I did) or hope for a chance to train MCMAP with the Marines (and you’ll only get to do that if you’re going on IA to Iraq, Afghanistan, or Horn of Africa op areas).

Excuse me …. What is the duck walk ?

kevin-mack

squat down and start walking

tbbfan76

I got certified as an instructor while on the USS Enterprise. If your command MWR wants to fund it. Then it is possible. That is how we were able to do it. We then held classes on the ship for women, security and aircrew.

jenilopaz

Military

A tank is a tracked, armoured combat vehicle, designed primarily to engage enemy forces by the use direct fire. A modern main battle tank (MBT) is distinguished by its high level of firepower, mobility and armour protection relative to other vehicles of its era. It can cross comparatively rough terrain at high speeds, but is fuel, maintenance, and ammunition-hungry and is logistically demanding. It has the heaviest armour of any vehicle on the battlefield, and carries a powerful weapon able to engage a wide variety of ground targets. It is among the most versatile and fearsome weapons on the battlefield, valued for its shock action against other troops and high survivability.
    ——————-
    Jenilopaz

Email Marketing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: