Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    vinman

Re: Great Km Book

quote Ryan:

Haven’t seen the book, but after seeing this video, I think I’ll pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJW8OqEwic

I’m not quite sure what to make of this video…..

rick-prado

I love Boaz’ stories. I have emailed him in the past and his replies are colorful to say the least, especially when you get him going talking about Moni Aizik…..hilarious.

He was an Israel karate champion before getting into Krav Maga. His reasoning for dropping his hands when he kicks is that it generates more power that way. At least that’s what he said in a DVD he made a few years back.

rick-prado

I love Boaz’ stories. I have emailed him in the past and his replies are colorful to say the least, especially when you get him going talking about Moni Aizik…..hilarious.

He was an Israel karate champion before getting into Krav Maga. His reasoning for dropping his hands when he kicks is that it generates more power that way. At least that’s what he said in a DVD he made a few years back.

ems-warlord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKuBeXPwbu0

This is a much better video of him.

km904

yeah way better , i was getting worried there for a minute

ryan

It is a better video…it’s not Boaz Aviram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6xaXUepgw

ems-warlord

Hahaha, good point.

I didn’t even notice that and went by the name of the vid.

I have seen all the Pure Krav Maga videos and I am picking it up when I can.

His Krav Maga is different though. He has a very different defense to a handgun to the front aimed at the head. Well, slightly different. The principles are the same. I dunno after doing a bit of research and stuff I am going to learn his system.

His is what was being taught in the IDF, KMWW/IKMF/IKMA/etc all use Imi’s civilian curriculum. He did not want all children and people to know what Israeli commandos know, just to effectively defend themselves. The only reason he finally wrote his book is because of current world affairs.

Nothing wrong with that, but as I want to join the Army and go SF, I would rather learn the actual military version of the system.

Just my 2 cents.

ryan

No offense, but that’s all marketing hyperbole.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Ryan:

It is a better video…it’s not Boaz Aviram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6xaXUepgw

I had a good laugh with this one

unstpabl1

quote Ryan:

Haven’t seen the book, but after seeing this video, I think I’ll pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJW8OqEwic

UM..err..WTF!!!!!! gotta admit it was pretty funnythumbsup

jdoglawrence

Has anyone seen Boaz’s Pure Krav Maga DVD’s? Are they worth watching?

pkmbuffalo

Darren and Boaz never tested or trained together. Darren received his black belt in Civilian Krav Maga by Imi with a condition that was never met. Darren was trained by Eli. Boaz was Chief Instructor of the Fighting Fitness Academy and has taught countless IDF soldiers. Boaz’s level of expertise is beyond anything Darren could ever grasp. You joke about his DVDs but have no clue the level of instruction it provides. There is no other book or accompanying DVD that compares. It is the purest Krav Maga being taught in the world today.

simon

quote pkmbuffalo:

Boaz’s level of expertise is beyond anything Darren could ever grasp.

Wow, what an ignorant statement bordering on personal attack. Just a little biased there are you?

admin-d45
    Keymaster

While I understand your need to be a loyal student to your instructor, personal attacks (and in this case I feel your statement was) will not be tolerated.

We are an open forum and encourage comments/participation from all organizations but draw the line when it gets personal.

Please refrain from further derogatory statements.

Thank you

bear34

quote Admin:

While I understand your need to be a loyal student to your instructor, personal attacks (and in this case I feel your statement was) will not be tolerated.

We are an open forum and encourage comments/participation from all organizations but draw the line when it gets personal.

Please refrain from further derogatory statements.

Thank you

And thank you. I hate when this turns into my Krav Maga is better than your Krav Maga.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: