Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Green Belt Test

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I took the Green Belt test on Sunday. It was the hardest thing physically(and probalby emotionally) I have ever done, and I thought the yellow and orange belt was difficult.
    The instructors giving the test where great. During the workshop part they really helped
    clean-up our techniques for the test. They had said that Green Belt is considered to be the
    start of the advanced belts and they take it very seriously.

The workshop lasted about 6 hours and the test was about 2 hours. We where all cramping up twards the end of the test, and they ended the test with sparing. I guess that’s part of the test, to keep going and not give up no matter what, becasue
    you cant give up on the street in a fight to save your life.

mara-jade

Re: Green Belt Test

Congrats!!thumbsup

Yeah, I hear the tests only get harder. I”m working on my green belt too.

skibum

Congrats! We had 4-hr green belt test: 3 hrs review + 1 hr test, also ending in sparring. I felt the first test although only 3 hrs probably the most. The orange belt was tough, but bearable, inspite of being 4 hrs. Perhaps beacuse we were in better shape and new what to expect.

bracius

There are belts in KM? I just thought there were six levels?

mara-jade

Welcome Bracius!

As I understand it, belts were given out in the beginning but now it’s certificates, though I think they actually what belt you earned.

Whether you see ‘belt’ or ‘level’, it means the same thing:wav:

johnl-d11

Congrats..

I think our green belt test has been the hardest as well, just had our blue belt test and while that sucked too, wasn’t as bad as the green. After the workshop, we started with Bas for who knows how long (our favorite, the defense tapes).. Then after every 5-6 techniques, we sparred.. 5-6 more techniques.. more sparring.. Repeat for a very long time. 🙂 Then ended it with 3 on 1 sparring.

Just wondering if KM holds competitions for different belts or levels ? Much like you would see with karate, judo ?

jburtonpdx

quote JewishFitness1976:

Just wondering if KM holds competitions for different belts or levels ? Much like you would see with karate, judo ?

Krav Maga as taught is not compatible with sport based competitions.

There are people trained in Krav Maga that have participated or do participate in MMA, boxing, etc…

We do “spar” in our classes as we move up in levels. Well maybe spar is not the correct word for it… Hmm, what we did the other night in one of our classes was more of a brawl. 2 people going at it, then a third jumping in against whoever looked to be winning…

Another example, at the end of the last test that I took we of course were fighting. I led off with a kick to the other guys groin, start screaming not so nice things about his family history and chased him (till he realized I did not have anything left and he came at me, then we had to just plain old fight….).

If Krav Maga had competitions it would require a trauma surgeon be present with full staff and a blood bank. Any system that pretty much asks the question “Why didn’t you pick up the chair and beat him with it?” at the end of most drills just would not have very many competitors left after the first competition.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: