Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    chunkymonkey

Hello folks. I just happened to come across this forum while searching the handy dandy Google. I’m set to take a “promo” class Thursday of this week at a San Antonio, Tx location and am both nervous and excited to see what is has to offer.

I’m 27 years old and am an active police officer in the San Antonio area. I’ve been in quite a few fights in my short career, but not challenged THAT often. It’s enough to make me want to expand my skills. I’m not a huge obese guy, but am somewhat “chubby,” lol. I feel that often leads/contributes to challenging me.

Anyways, I’m glad to be here and look forward to my intro class to see if this is a art/style/discipline I wish to pursue.

Thanks!

kirk

Re: Greetings!

Hey Welcome ChunkeyMonkey! (By the way my wife’s favorite ice cream) Well one thing I can say is that you wont be chubby for much longer training in Krav!!! In my first class I dropped 4 lbs and that’s with drinking four bottles of water in one hour!

In January I weighed 255lbs, to make a long story short I decided to change my unhealthy lifestyle. By April/May I was down to 200lbs. I changed my diet, started running, lifting weights, different exercises, etc…

I’ve know about Krav Maga for awhile and always REALLY wanted to do it. So after getting my permission slip signed by the Boss (read wife). I thought to myself I’m in pretty good shape now. Well Krav showed me what shape and stamina is!!

I played B-Ball last night for the first time in awhile after 2 hours when my buddies are huff’en and puff’en, I was barley out of breath. When they were bent over trying to catch their breath I was doing jumping jacks waiting for them.

Joining Krav Maga of MD has been one of the best decisions I have ever made!

michaelmall

Chunky,you being a policeman,this is the discipline for you.
    Your job is hard enough and krav will make it easier on you.
    As a matter of fact your fellow officers should join you
    Don’t be worried ,just do what you can and don’t try to
    keep up in the warm up stage.If you chose to take classes
    you will get better.You will enjoy the technic part.

mara-jade

Welcome to the Forum!

Wonder what you’re gonna do with the ‘Chunky’ part of your name once you start taking KM? Oh I’m betting you WON”T be for longthumbsup.

You’re probably gonna take your intro class at the main center on Callaghan and Fredericksburg. The other location has limited classes(think only KM1). There’s lots to do and you WON”T ever get bored. After hubby and I being members there over 4 years now, I can say you NEVER get the same class EVERthumbsup

Probably wouldn’t hurt to bring water with you. I think you’re GONNA need it. I’m still kinda chunky myself, but that’s my fault.rofl2

Have fun in class tomorrow:wav:

chunkymonkey

Thank you all for the great welcome. I’m excited to try it out tomorrow. I’ve had my name for about 6 years. I used to weigh 350, but now down to 245. But whether I’m a 44 or a 34, I’ll keep the name, lol. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to it. I’m just curious to what the pricing/training options are. I’ve heard a lot of great comments on the facility and program from friends to took the trial and joined, and those that didn’t.

mara-jade

Pricing best to check at the front desk. As for options, you can either take Fitness only (doubt you want that) or the Self Defense which includes the fitness classes.

Basically, however many classes you can handle 5 days a week regardlessthumbsup

chunkymonkey

w00t! The class tonight was awesome for a first night. A lot of stuff I expected and have done before. But I wasn’t treated like a newb and was able to jump right in. The pricing they gave me was great too. My Chief Financial Advisor(Wife) gave me the green light and I signed up right there for 12 month minimum. I’m also looking to take the Law Enforcement Certification Course coming up in August. Thanks for all the welcomes. I’ll be keeping my Gold’s Gym membership as well due to my workout buddy and I having a great routine going. I’m sharing my friend pass with him to hopefully get him involved.

mara-jade

Another KM student is born..congrats:wav:

chunkymonkey

quote mara_jade:

Another KM student is born..congrats:wav:

:woohoo:

michaelmall

I am glad you liked it.I believe it will also keep you
    safe at your job also.

chunkymonkey

I’ve done a lot of arm bars at work. Haven’t had a fight in about a month, so it will be interesting. I think it is going to be a great addition to my current habits and “skills.” I’m looking forward to growing in this. I’ve been paired up with the same guy these last two classes and we do a great job, I think, at keeping each other moving through the tasks. Thanks again for the welcome.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: